Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing the DVD/RW drive on Dell Inspiron 6000

Options
  • 19-06-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have replaced the DVD/RW drive on Dell Inspiron 6000? There's a fairly common problem where the drive will no longer read CD's but can still read DVD. This problem has now occurred on two laptops I have at home, one a HP and one a Dell. The drive is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B

Has anybody swapped the drives in these and could they recommend a suitable, compatible and reliable replacement?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Don't want to be seen as highjacking your thread. I was just going to post on a similar problem I am having with my Targa (LIDL) laptop.

Reads some CD-ROM, doesn't read others. Reads but won't burn DVDs. Actually, I don't think it will burn anything....

Would also appreciate a source for a replacement CD/DVD writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

i have changed out a few dvd drives in dell computers and replaced them when not in warrenty with nec drives
    komplett usually have a good selection but at the moment they only have this one
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=328570
    it looks to have all the the top specs , labelflash , burns dvd ram discs and double layer discs as well as all the rest

Advertisement