Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xps M1210

Options
  • 19-06-2007 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey, have settled on the following XPS m1210

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5500 Processor (1.66GHz,667MHz,2MB L2 cache)
    Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium - English
    1 Year International On-Site Service
    12.1" WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display with TrueLife™
    MEMORY 2048MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
    8X DVD+/-RW with Software, including software
    Intel® Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Up to 256MB shared graphics memory
    6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery (53 Whr)

for e1304.

Is this a good system? I bumped up the RAM to 2gigs because somebody was telling me vista needs it but it increased the price by e169. Is it worth it or would 1 gig suffice? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't buy the ram from dell. You can get it on other sites cheaper and put it in yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Seconded, recommended seller. Get one with 1Gb for less from him and upgrade it yourself.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there are a couple of m1210s on the outlet at the moment too, which would save you 300 or so if spec suits you.
    myself I'd wait, the 1210 is a little chunky and the m1330 is expected this month.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/17/dell-confirms-xps-m1330-and-inspiron-laptops-and-22-other-co/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

That m1330 is nice, but it would cost you a bomb. Im thinkin of gettin an m1210 myself, Im in states at mo so can get one for bout $900(€700ish).

A friend has a m1220 and while bulky its not overly bulky, its solid for its performance, it doesnt sacrafice any functionality for portability. One thing tho, the 12inch screen does look to small for it. It looks like they coulda fitted a 13 inch screen in there. Which is what they have done with the m1330

• Advertisement

i had a 1210 in work for a while and for such a small screen and footprint i think it is way too thick. it also gets lap burningly hot. did like it though, but prefer the d630 i have now as it has the bigger screen, full keypay and is nearly as light with much better battery life. not sure the m1330 will cost a bomb with similar spec to the 1210, most likely very similar. if you spec the ssd etc it'll shoot up, but like for like it'll only cost the extra price of the santa rosa imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

i got a m1210 with 256 videocard, 9 hr battery (getting 7 from it) only 1024 ram though

for 830 thro the outlet, worth waiting for

btw,any suggestions where i'd get ram for it cheap, and will i have to replacethe two 512 with 2x 1024?
    Finally is it not difficult to accssthe ram - thought i read it somewhere

overall sweet machine

it's not the easiest, one slot is on the bottom as normal but the other is under the keyboard. but it's not too hard either.. you'll be grand.

Advertisement