Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewalls ftl

Options
  • 18-06-2007 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm playing WoW through a firewall that I have no control over and am using HTTP Tunnel to get through. Unfortunately, HTTP Tunnel sucks so many bad things, it's not even worth mentioning.

Anyone know any good alternatives to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

ssh?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

hmm i dont know an answer to the above question but my question is about firewalls when a patch for wow ocmes out it always says ur behind a firewall ur download is being slowed, even thou the ports are free on windows firewall. do i have to go into the router and free the same port for it to dl proper?

edit: its a noob question i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ghastly

Hal1 wrote:
    ssh?

I don't know how to use SSH to tunnel. Can you enlighten me? Pretty please?

do i have to go into the router and free the same port for it to dl proper?

Your router does need to have some ports free, yes. You can get help here:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww01199p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 karlrules

Is it a windows or a mac ? macs are better for wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

karlrules wrote:

Hahaha that's pretty funny dude

karlrules wrote:

It's Windows, and I have to respectfully disagree about Macs being better for WoW ;)

I tried using "Your Freedom" in the meantime, which is like Http Tunnel, but it didn't work.

I only have 2 weeks left of this firewall being in place before I move out, so it's not critical. Just annoying that I keep missing Karazhan runs with my guild and all the loot I want keeps dropping :)

I've seen videos of wow on mac and i've played wow on windows. I think macs are better but when i play it for myself i'll confirm it.

karlrules wrote:
    I've seen videos of wow on mac and i've played wow on windows. I think macs are better but when i play it for myself i'll confirm it.

My head hurts....

What do you even mean by "Better"

Macs run smoother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

karlrules wrote:
    Macs run smoother.
    Fail.

karlrules wrote:
    Macs run smoother.

Hmmm, troll?

Im on a mac right now and could open 20 programs and have no lag. On windows you cant open 5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

get a better pc much? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

karlrules wrote:
    Im on a mac right now and could open 20 programs and have no lag. On windows you cant open 5

You sir are a troll of the highest order, and a weenie.

But I do have a mac Pro, two quad core procs with 8 gigs of ram and a quadro fx 4600 sitting at my desk. That can have at least 10 programs running at once :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

karlrules wrote:

Oh yeah? Well I just opened 21 programs on my windows PC just there. And also I put an Apple sticker on the side of my PC aswell so now I can have 21 programs open and feel like a smug Apple using cúnt...

Epic Fail.

[Disclaimer: I do not have an apple sticker on the side of my computer]

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

123 windows calculators open :eek: then pc started crying :p

Advertisement