Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing in Fingal County Council

Options
  • 18-06-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone recently applied in Fingal Co Co for affordable housing and if they had any viewings?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Yes and yes.

This forum is full of topics on affordable housing, and lots of replies from people who have applied for, viewed and bought affordable properties from Fingal CoCo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭johny28

podge018 wrote:
    Yes and yes.

This forum is full of topics on affordable housing, and lots of replies from people who have applied for, viewed and bought affordable properties from Fingal CoCo.

Hi There,

If you look at the threats on this topic there are only three pages available,
    I cannot find anywhere the mention of recent offers from the council, whereabouts of the place, how many bed rooms, and how much it was offered for.

Therefore I created this threat.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Yes waiting almost a year - offered 2 recently - both apartments - both didn't suit me at all - One was €155K in Ballymun and the other €180K in Swords

Seems to me the flaming builders are pulling a fast one by giving apartments to the council to fulfill their obligations under the clause of having to give so many properties.
    So unfair on people waiting with kids , disabilities , pets etc
    Apartment living really doesn't suit a lot of people.

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Yes waiting almost a year - offered 2 recently - both apartments - both didn't suit me at all - One was €155K in Ballymun and the other €180K in Swords

Seems to me the flaming builders are pulling a fast one by giving apartments to the council to fulfill their obligations under the clause of having to give so many properties.
    So unfair on people waiting with kids , disabilities , pets etc

Hi SuzyS1972,

Many thanks for you reply.
    I don't understand this they seem to only offer apartments and you are right in your analysis about the builders..

so what if someone needs three bed room house?

Would you know from your expereince with them what would they be offering someone who is on 40K annual?

Thanks
    John

Well I think to be honest you just get offered what comes up when you get to the top of the list. I don't think it matters if you are single / with kids etc what they ask you to take.
    On €40K you'd prob be offered a 2-3 bed apartment / house
    With my salary which wouldn't be far from yours I have been offered the more expensive ones.
    Hope that helps
    I am driven demented with the whole thing and it's already time for me to re-apply !!!

• Advertisement

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Well I think to be honest you just get offered what comes up when you get to the top of the list. I don't think it matters if you are single / with kids etc what they ask you to take.
    On €40K you'd prob be offered a 2-3 bed apartment / house
    With my salary which wouldn't be far from yours I have been offered the more expensive ones.
    Hope that helps
    I am driven demented with the whole thing and it's already time for me to re-apply !!!
    Many thanks.
    This makes things a it more clear to me..

And very good luck with re applying

Suzy - can I ask how Fingal offered you an apartment in Ballymun?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Parts of Ballymun are in Fingal. Hence, Ikea had to apply to Fingal to open their superstore in Ballymun.

It's just I don't know of any developments in Ballymun which Fingal would have any control over.

It is technically Meakstown - which falls under Fingal
    It's literally the opp side of the M50 from ballymun
    I've always known it as the Ballymun area anyway

• Advertisement

So City Gate then! That's not too near Ballymun at all. As you say, it's Meakstown, Finglas. You wouldn't walk to Ballymun in 30 minutes from there. And it's the same side of the M50 as Ballymun, literally opposite Meakstown Cottages.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anybody know of anything coming up in the future?
    I've heard people mention Boroimhe in Swords but I'd assume anything there would be two bedroom apts.

Podge - I didn't even go and view the place as it wasn't suitable for me being an apartment - As I have said it was described to me as being near ballymun only the opp side of the M50 - I must have misunderstood
    Anyways don't see what difference it makes in the grand scheme of things.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Suzy, would you consider Lusk or Balbriggan.. there are going to be houses there at some stage I think. I'm not too keen on an apartment/duplex but at this stage (a year & half on list) anything with three bedrooms would do me. Pets/kids will just have to deal with it!!

Advertisement