Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Argentina likely to be admitted to the 6 or 3-Nations?

Options
  • 17-06-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

Its a perennial issue in SANZA. Can't see it myself. The travel is a problem and with so many Argies playing prof in Europe their ability to get the best players and compete is questioned. Anyway I don't see the Tri-Nations lasting for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

nope - no other union or group needs them tbh and no one will want to dilute their slice of the money..

the excuse will be the fact that their players are all over the shop - and their country is a long way from SANZA and 6 nations countries..

What they should do is try and get a comp going with Samoa, Fiji, USA, Canada etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

What they should do is try and get a comp going with Samoa, Fiji, USA, Canada etc etc etc
    Not a bad idea! Some kind of an "America's Tri-Nations" with Canada and the USA or a "Pacific 5-Nations" with Fiji and Samoa thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Or even a north american / pacific islands team to make it more competitive for the argies?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

daveirl wrote:
    That was certainly highlighted during our recent tests down there.

Until they show some professionalism and ability to work with the other boards, they won't be going anywhere soon.

From a fan point of view, sure it would be nice to see them join the tri-nations, or whatever. I can't see the Fra/UK clubs releasing their Puma stars to play in it though, and Leinster would lose Dr. Phil !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

daveirl wrote:
    Is that if the join a NH competition ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

daveirl wrote:

I like it but where would Eddie fit in his ten week conditioning programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

Can't see it happenning. From an injury point of view playing rugby on the sort of grounds you get in the Southern hemisphere in December to May would be difficult not to mention temperatures in Aussie and Africa. I also think that the SH fans would rebel if there is no rugby in the mid year and in Australia (particularly) and South Africa you would be going head to head with cricket- a much bigger game in Aus than rugby.

As to Argies joining the Pacific Islands, and North Americans I can't see such a comp generating enough worldwide TV interest to get the funding. The Pac Is nations simply couldn't afford the travel. They would be more interested in a combined team in the Tri-Nations but from SANZAR point of view it is again what they would add in terms of revenue.

Advertisement