Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Pollution Threshold time

Options
  • 17-06-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

is there such a time whereby noise pollution becomes a nuisance?

I have heard 11pm is the cut off time but I'm trying to fing a link to where it specifically states this time....does anyone know where I can find it..?

I've searched on environ.ie and all over google and boards and cannot find a specific government document relating to this time...appreciate it if anyone knows where I can locate the details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It really depends on the behaviour. Demolition work in a residential area would be a no-no, whereas the quite hub-bub of a dinner party at the weekend would probably be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Victor wrote:
    It really depends on the behaviour. Demolition work in a residential area would be a no-no, whereas the quite hub-bub of a dinner party at the weekend would probably be OK.
    quiet dinner parties I can handle....shouting at the top of their voices at 1:30am in the back garden of more than 20 people I can't

Yes, that would be considered unacceptable. If it is ongoing (one offs tend not to count), then there would be strong grounds for a complaint.

no complaints from me yet but I was thinking of a polite letter or word with them to let them know the situation....there are 4 or 5 houses surrounding these 2 houses being rented all with young kids and its every 2nd weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

I'd say a word with them first, would be better than a letter. Harder, but more likely to succeed. Things in writing always seem far more serious...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Lex Luthor wrote:
    no complaints from me yet but I was thinking of a polite letter or word with them to let them know the situation....there are 4 or 5 houses surrounding these 2 houses being rented all with young kids and its every 2nd weekend
    Can you have a word with them or will it even make it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Also since a change in the law the Gardai take no responsibility for this anymore. Great country we live in. (weak of the weakest democracy)

thing is, both houses, one is occupied by Polish and one by Brazilian. Not saying they have no english but they may just pretend not to understand me.

Wife is also worried that if I identify myself, then they may take offence and take revenge....I can see her point when I am not always at home

She wants to send a letter and sign it from residents..nothing harsh but just pointing out the fact about trying to keep noise after 11pm to a min in the back garden

They just might not realise. Call in early in the evening with baby in arms. :D

I once said "Bitte Shhhh!" ("Please Shhhh!" ) on a German game server and there wasn't a peep out of anyone for ages afterwards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I had same problem with 5 students next door to me,all foreign. Dropped in a print out from the Oasis website, I think it was. Highlighted that they could face a €3000 fine.

Needless to say one knocked in apologizing,great bunch of lads now.:)Link

• Advertisement
Advertisement