Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targa Laptop repair period

Options
  • 17-06-2007 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Anyone know how long Targa generally take to repair a laptop under warranty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There is no specified time, im sure it will be quick if they know what the problem is, and have the part in stock to fix it. If not it may take a while longer. But i think, but am not sure, That if your laptop has been away over 30 days you can demand a replacement laptop.

Check your consumer right to be 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

thanks for the reply, I think I'll ring TARGA 2morrow and see what the situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

Hi

Just to let you know, under your consumer rights you are entitled to a replacement or a repair. This is entirely up to the company you are dealing with though as to which one they offer to you. Under the consumer law of 1979 then the item has to be fit for its purpose for a 2 year period regardless of how much warranty you purchased as that is completely separate. A standard turn around time for repair is 7-10 business days if the part is out of stock say a VC or HD then ask for an upgrade or a similar replacement part - they are not allowed to keep your system for more than 28 days without advising you of the prob and offering you an alternative part - it cannot be a downgrade though.

Work for a comp company so if you need advice on how to get the right outcome then just shout :D

Advertisement