Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which team has a worse reputation?

Options
  • 16-06-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I know that all the teams in the tri nations are among the best in the world but you always hear and read about people complaining about them. That could just be begrudgery.

I've read and heard it said that South Africa are rough to the point of persistent foul play (their match against England at Twickenham in the autumn of 2002 being a prime example), Australia are one of the most arrogant teams in world rugby and New Zealand are masters of doing simple little things which border on foul play and often go undetected by refs but are sometimes quite evident on TV.

Mind you I'm sure people can come up with a reason why any other team has a worse rep than any of these and if so feel free to share why you think that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Whats Irelands reputation ?

So

Oz - Arrogant
    NZ - Do the small things to cheat
    SA - Thuggery
    Eng - Muppets
    France - Arrogant to the point where they dont turn up in cases
    Arg - Are left in the wilderness for 5 years rucking with bears
    Pacific Islands - Big is beautiful
    Japan - Oz / NZ players who enjoy sushi
    Italy - Mama Mia where is my pasta
    Wales - Singing 9 to 5 ?
    Scotland - About to disappear
    USA - Ex-American football guys
    Ireland - Moaners?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

damnyanks wrote:
    Whats Irelands reputation ?

Ireland - Moaners?

i'd disagree , yes we moan , but so does everone else ... and our moans are legitimate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

We all have the teams we love to hate. In NZ:

England- arrogant and boring poms
    Wales- always have had a rep as head kickers- goes back to the 70's
    French- filthy- watch the family jewels and the eyes
    Australia- just too bloody clever
    South Africa- in the history of this rivalry just too much to mention-cheating refs, dodgy food and worst fans etc etc
    Ireland- actually well liked-
    Scotland- not on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

thebaz wrote:
    i'd disagree , yes we moan , but so does everone else ... and our moans are legitimate

Was trying to be objective :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We all have the teams we love to hate. In NZ:

England- arrogant and boring poms

NZ calling another team arrogant? lol. While the 2003 WC team were quite dull overall, they were quite interesting in a tactical sense.

dunno if anyone else has said it but welcome to the forums pinetree, nice to see a level headed outsider view!

Actually with SA and Steyns (?) I can see them turning to his drop kicks like England turned to Wilko. Could get infuritating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

damnyanks wrote:
    Oz - Arrogant

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

When its your own team you call it confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

And when you've kicked the bejaysus out of pretty much all comers for the past while... you win the right to be a wee bit cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

NotWormBoy wrote:
    And when you've kicked the bejaysus out of pretty much all comers for the past while... you win the right to be a wee bit cocky.
    Except when it matters ;)

Advertisement