Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing WoW

Options
  • 16-06-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Im after installing wow, and setting up the account. Im downloading this patch (529MB?!! :eek: ) which I hope is the only one.

Anyways, I'll have to pick a server. Im reading up on the different types of servers. What do ye think is the best type. Im just starting, and trying to see the differences. Normal servers have PvP in selected zones, while PvP servers have it everywhere, am I right? And RP sounds weird tbh.

Also there are low/medium/high poped servers. What numbers are we talking about here? Also, whats teh max people allowed in an area? The biggest amount of people I've witnessed in an area in an online game would be 400 in Planetside, should I expect bigger numbers?

Server recommendations would help too. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'll prolly be back later with some more :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well PvP servers are best IMO, gives the game that extra edge and i suspect most regret dinging level 70 on a norm server. Its just alot more fun in the long run, however getting consistently ganked when trying to quest can be frustrating, but its FUN.

I play on a few servers, Laughing skull is home to "The brothers Grim" which have alot of irish players. Also from what i read there are alot of boardsies on the "Outland" server. Both servers being PvP.

Normal servers work in terms of pvp that you need to "Flag" yourself, which means you can attack others who are aslo flagged and they can attack you. Or something to that effect. Keep in mind however on PvP servers you CANT get ganked in every zone. Only the zones mostly after Level 20, so you want get your ass kicked until you reach contested territory.

Hope that answers most of your questions ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Okay I made a Hoard druid on the "outland" server. Thanks for your help :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

nix wrote:
    i suspect most regret dinging level 70 on a norm server.
    *nods sadly*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

DarthWraak wrote:
    Im after installing wow, and setting up the account. Im downloading this patch (529MB?!! :eek: ) which I hope is the only one.

lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Yeh, it turned out that it wasn't the only one :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

DarthWraak wrote:
    Yeh, it turned out that it wasn't the only one :mad:

i feel for ya man i jsut insstalled wow on friday hoping i could play it for weekend managed to get it going by sun morning was rly annoying as all my freinds had started new chars and i was already 10 levels behind when i started. i think there is like 4 529mb updates :mad:

Advertisement