Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Swallowbrook Clonee

Options
  • 16-06-2007 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I'ving living in Ongar and thinking of buying a house in swallowbrook, does anybody know what this area is like? If the school is any good? Any problems? Would be grateful for any information.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Zesty- I would seriously advise you check the situation concerning availability of school places before contemplating this. Clonee/Littlespace/Castleknock/Ongar/Lucan have been the worst areas in Dublinwest for the provision (or lack thereof) of school places, particularly in the primary school cycle. In Clonee and Lucan the age cut-off points have been increased- meaning those who have been on the waiting list for 4 years (i.e. since their children were born) will not automatically qualify for a place come September.

The local newspapers for Dublin West have stories about this plastered over their front pages in the current editions.

Vis- Clonee, its a nice village, and transport links are pretty good, thanks to the Navan Road. It can get clogged up in the morning and evening- but timing your journeys helps here. Amenities are improving all the time- its a good instance of being close to both the city and the countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Well the area is similar.Clonee village is being restructured with new foot paths etc so that nice. Also check to see if swallowbrook is in co meath or co dublin since its on the boundary and this makes a difference. Also why would one move such a short distance unless to move counties??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I think prices in Clonee have a good way to fall yet hold on for a wee while. This will not be good news to you if you own the place in Ongar

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zesty

Thanks for the advice. I'm moving the short distance as I'm in a townhouse and would like a semi d, townhouse is great just not pracital for kids!

Advertisement