Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With Vantage Pro Datalogger

Options
  • 15-06-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭

With all the messing about with my site recently I had to reboot the system connected to the station a few times an as a result records built up on the data logger .
    But it never seems to blooming store them in the Weatherlink software! It keeps wanting to download them all every time, also as a results the charts are not updating at all (see annamoe.net for what I mean), its driving me nuts. The daily extremes are stored but not the intervals at all.

If I clear the cache it just means these records are lost and have to wait another 24 hours for the charts to work again I think.

This is driving me batty!!, can anyone help?

On a positive not I finally figured out why the webcam jpg files were never uploading properly - it seems the data and time overlays from the capture software increased the file size slightly but the file was reporting the original size causing the ftp software to get its knickers in a twist.
    Looks to be working fine now with that overlay turned off.

For the moment the webcam images are of a rather boring front yard, waiting on a usb extender thingy so I can put it with a nice view of the garden from my kitchen window. I need to see lovely Wicklow greenery when stuck in the office at work!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Has the archive ever been cleared when uploading data.Seems to me your datalogger is full and cant hold anymore info.
    You can set which interval the data uploads,every min,5 10,15,30mins etc.At 1min which mine is at only holds 1.5 days worth of info while 15min intervals uploads holds 6/7 days worth etc.i think this could be your problem.

If this is not the issue,your last resort is uninstalling and re-installing which is the last resort.Data will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie wrote:
    Has the archive ever been cleared when uploading data.Seems to me your datalogger is full and cant hold anymore info.
    You can set which interval the data uploads,every min,5 10,15,30mins etc.At 1min which mine is at only holds 1.5 days worth of info while 15min intervals uploads holds 6/7 days worth etc.i think this could be your problem.

If this is not the issue,your last resort is uninstalling and re-installing which is the last resort.Data will be lost.

I'm not sure the archive is getting cleared, that's the problem.

Weatherlink downloads a bunch of "pages" from the data logger but then doesnt seem to store it on my "weather" computer and clear the logger.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Go through the walkthrough again when setting up,this will ask you to clear it in one of the steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The logger doesn't get cleared, it simply overwrites the oldest data.

When you download, only the data that has been added since the last download is downloaded.

Can you conect to the Bulletin?

Also, create a new station, and see if you can download then to new station.
    Don't mess with the archive interval for now, this will clear the datalogger.

Mothman wrote:
    The logger doesn't get cleared, it simply overwrites the oldest data.

When you download, only the data that has been added since the last download is downloaded.

Can you conect to the Bulletin?

Also, create a new station, and see if you can download then to new station.
    Don't mess with the archive interval for now, this will clear the datalogger.
    By creating a new station he will still have to go through the walkthrough thus clearing the archive regardless and setting interval,it wont let the program proceed iirc.

Forget about uploading to website for the time being and concentrate on screen first.As MM said has your data being recorded on bulletin? If so download from logger to pc is ok.

Also had you recently installed 5.4 instead of 5.7weatherlink.
    There could be a conflict between the two in the same dir.

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    By creating a new station he will still have to go through the walkthrough thus clearing the archive regardless and setting interval,it wont let the program proceed iirc.

That can be skipped. In WL 5.6, when a new station is created, the first thing that's done is to download whatever is in the datalogger. The walkthrough is after, and each option can be skipped.

LongField, if you can't get it sorted quickly this morn, I may take a spin on the bike to you

Thanks guys.
    It seems to have sorted itself out this morning.
    My graphs are now showing from 06:00 and it no longer says downloading xx pages any more.

Looks like the answer is if I reboot its best to do it late (or early) as possible but in either case the charts wont update again until 06:00 next day.

The max min values are kept though so all is well again.

Thanks for the kind offer Mothman, much appreciated, but looks like all's well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield - which webcam do you have? The image looks good and clear from it. Mine is a wireless one and doesn't work very well outside.

A

Longfield wrote:
    Thanks guys.
    It seems to have sorted itself out this morning.

That's great news :)
    The max min values are kept though so all is well again.
    The console stores its own max min values, and depending where you are reading them, these will be the ones on view. The reports accessed in WL are from the downloaded data.
    Thanks for the kind offer Mothman, much appreciated, but looks like all's well now.
    Your welcome :)

Seems I was too early, it started doing the same thing again.

Removed and reinstalled the software again and seems to be working for the moment, am not sure if it was something else that caused it, I noticed the Fwink (webcam capture software) was causing the cpu to be at a constant load of over 75% and Dun manager was doing funny things too, maybe this was causing problems so have for the moement uninstalled them and am just using Weatherlink to update the site again, so no updates on the webcam picture for the moment.

Artictree its a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000, I saw them on sale in PCWorld in "The Park" off the M50 the otherday so picked it up, was €39.95 I think , was 20 euro off the normal price they were claiming. The picture is suprisingly good have to say for a webcam, am well pleased with it.

I'm thinking of getting one of those vodafone broadband adapter things, will only get gprs here of course but its always on and anything would be better than bloody EsatBT dialup (which wont connect at least 50% of the time) and absolutely crawls along..even by dialup standards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement