Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Carter in Atlantis

Options
  • 15-06-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Am i right in assuming the carter is now in charge of atlantis? what happened to weir?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, I haven't seen any of Season 4 yet, but Weir was injured when they fired the City's Stardrive to espape the Replicator's space based weapon, they had to keep the shield deactivated until they reached escape velocity. It took too long to re-establish the shield, and the beam momentarily pierced the control tower, causing an explosion, where Elizabeth was thrown back by the force. At the end of the episode, Carson wasn't sure if she'd make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thanks Ned,i seen the episode, i presume that shes either dead or back on earth recovering. I see on gateworld there is an autumn start of series 4 in the US, do you have an idea of when it'll be aired here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

God knows. I thought Weir's character was a welcome addition to Atlantis, and she had the prerequisite of being a female stargate Actress - namely having a chesty affliction. In sci-fi there are no flat babes!

Season 4 over here? Soon enough I'd guess, Sky love showing SG1, Atlantis, TNG, Enterprise, Voyager as they get the ratings. I'll be downloading as soon as it's out though, I'm impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Yep i had been downloading them 2 but then clearwire decided not to let me aymore.
    Yep i think weir was doing a good job but im sure the writers know what they'r doing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Thanks Ned,i seen the episode, i presume that shes either dead or back on earth recovering. I see on gateworld there is an autumn start of series 4 in the US, do you have an idea of when it'll be aired here?

Generally the Stargate series start in early Autumn in the US, then take about a 2 month break at half-way (hence the mid-season 2-part cliffhanger) then continue in the new year. Sky, in order to avoid this break, usually wait until they can show the whole series straight through without getting ahead of the US. So expect a start date around October.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Surely Sky will show this first, as they had the world exclusive on both Atlantis and SG1 at the end, didnt they? The last episodes were shown here before they were shown in the states, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Kiith wrote:
    Surely Sky will show this first, as they had the world exclusive on both Atlantis and SG1 at the end, didnt they? The last episodes were shown here before they were shown in the states, iirc.
    I think thats just because the Americans like to take a winter break, whereas Sky show it right through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

actually canada got to air the final episode first then sky then the us.

Theres a update on gateworld.com if you want to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Aye they'll start before us, but we'll finish before them. They have the Christmas break of a few weeks, whereas Sky is only like 2 weeks break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Generally the Stargate series start in early Autumn in the US, then take about a 2 month break at half-way (hence the mid-season 2-part cliffhanger) then continue in the new year. Sky, in order to avoid this break, usually wait until they can show the whole series straight through without getting ahead of the US. So expect a start date around October.

Actually it's summer that the Americans usually start.

• Advertisement

ye its late this year tho they took a massive mid season gap of over 2 months

User45701 wrote:
    ye its late this year tho they took a massive mid season gap of over 2 months

Wasn't it a six month gap they took?

time has no meaning for me... spending too much time in the Nexus

True story.

Advertisement