Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR:O - Shores of Evendim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Cos I'm nice I've mirrored the patch.
    Its lightweight low fat 500meg patch.

you can get it below:
    http://diplomacy.darkkeep.com/lotro-patch/Updater_0.0_1.2.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just got to update yesterday. Don't know if it was just me, but everywhere I try and download the auto-updater, it takes forever. I ended up just updated through the game.

So has anyone noticed anything different from this? I haven't read what's been changed in the patch yet, so I've no idea what's new (apart from the new area).

Main thing for me are some changes stealth and corrections in monster play.
    Some freeps where complainng that they couldn't kill 5-10 creeps solo, so thats getting worked on :)

OK, still struggling with the MMORGP lingo. What's a freep? I was told yesterday that Snowbourn crashed because there were something like 200 freeps in the Ettenmoors. I was confused so decided to pretend I didn't read it. I was happier that way.

Actually, I'm going to have to start playing as my alt, who's a minstrel, so I can try the music. I hear you can actually write down music to a file and with the /play command you can play it. Going to have to investigate. :D

freeps are players 40+ who have gone to the ettenmore
    creeps are players 10+ who are playing the monsters.

There's a whole leveling system for monsters, its very heavily tilted in favor of the players. But 2 creeps working together can take down a freep if they know what they're doing. I was on the server when it went down, the number of freeps has increased quite a lot.

• Advertisement

Ah grand. There are too many crazy terms in these games. What ever happened to English? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I like evendim, its nice :D

Seen my first Ent..over the NW corner :)

Loads of easy solo missions, musta got about 100,000 exp in one day :):)

Can u explain the 'stealth' difference youve noticed pls ??

Only thing that really seems diff to me is the weather effects...adn one or two of the UI's

Advertisement