Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Straffan / K-Club

Options
  • 15-06-2007 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Instead of starting a new thread i was wondering if someone could inform me of ways to get out to the K-Club early enough in the morning from o'connell street if need be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Victor wrote:

Just to clarify that's Bus Eireann route 120 (departing from Connolly LUAS Stop, and not Dublin Bus route 120 which would leave you a long way away!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stpehenmc03

Thanks for that KC61 and Victor, how big is Straffan cuase im going out for the golf there in a few weeks time and wondering after getting off at Straffan bus stop do i have far to go after that? looks like it will be a taxi on Saturday and Sunday earlist to get this is 10:30 and 10:35 but Thursday and Friday is grand. Thanks again.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

The bus stop will leave you at the church, which is about 5 minutes walk to the gate of the K-Club, but the K-Club is a big place and you could have a longer walk once you get inside the grounds.

Another way to get to the K-Club would be to get a dublin bus 67 or 67a to celbridge for the princely sum of 1.90 and then get a taxi from celbridge to straffan (about 10 mins drive, costs 10-12 euro.) The local taxi offices in celbridge are A-Z Cabs on 016273900 and Call-A-Cab on 016270444. This might be cheaper than getting a taxi all of the way.

The bus stop will leave you at the church, which is about 5 minutes walk to the gate of the K-Club, but the K-Club is a big place and you could have a longer walk once you get inside the grounds.

Another way to get to the K-Club would be to get a dublin bus 67 or 67a to celbridge for the princely sum of 1.90 and then get a taxi from celbridge to straffan (about 10 mins drive, costs 10-12 euro.) The local taxi offices in celbridge are A-Z Cabs on 016273900 and Call-A-Cab on 016270444. This might be cheaper than getting a taxi all of the way.

thanks a million there was some great info there. Hopefully i will find the place now.

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Slightly quicker option than bus to and taxi from Celbridge may be train to Maynooth (Connolly) and then taxi to Straffan?

Taxi journey would be an extra 1km.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Slightly quicker option than bus to and taxi from Celbridge may be train to Maynooth (Connolly) and then taxi to Straffan?

Taxi journey would be an extra 1km.

Straffan is 8Km's from Maynooth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

yeah if you can get a train at the right time from maynooth, it would probably be quicker. train to maynooth is about 30-35 mins from connolly afaik. bus to celbridge from dublin, early in the morning, wud take at least 50 mins.

That seems a better option and gets me there earlier for the weekend mornings. Thanks again everyone for all the help.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

ciarsd wrote:
    Straffan is 8Km's from Maynooth :)

An extra 1km vs getting a taxi from Celbridge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

yeah if you can get a train at the right time from maynooth, it would probably be quicker. train to maynooth is about 30-35 mins from connolly afaik. bus to celbridge from dublin, early in the morning, wud take at least 50 mins.

Train from Connolly to Maynooth takes 35 mins
    Heuston to Hazelhatch takes 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get to the k-club this thurs for the european open using public transport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

brian_rbk wrote:
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get to the k-club this thurs for the european open using public transport?

Would also be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 heidi21

Hi,

If you want to get to the KClub for the Europeon championships, get the 120 bus eireann bus to edenderry from the keys accross from the hapenny bridge or from busaras, this stops in straffan where the kclub is and is a 5 min walk from there to the golf course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 heidi21

Yeah but trains to hazlehatch cost 10e return compared to 3 something to maynooth, and also hazelhatch station is in middle of nowhere you could not walk to a taxi rank so i would not advise taking that option.

Also getting the bus to straffan, they usually have feeder buses from the village into the golf course so that would cut down the walking time, as the european championship is not playing on the ryder cup course playing on the other golf course which is a good 20mins walk from bus stop..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Anybody reccomend the best way of gettin there.

Am i to expect a lot more traffic due to music fest and golf tournament?

Visting and aim to be there around 8 Fri eve,Would i be better gettin a train?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Beans_On wrote:
    Anybody reccomend the best way of gettin there.

Am i to expect a lot more traffic due to music fest and golf tournament?

Visting and aim to be there around 8 Fri eve,Would i be better gettin a train?

Celbridge
    Bus - Either Dublin Bus route 67/67A or Circle Line route CL1
    Train - Heuston Station to Hazelhatch

Straffan
    Bus Eireann route 120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

heidi21 wrote:
    Yeah but trains to hazlehatch cost 10e return compared to 3 something to maynooth, and also hazelhatch station is in middle of nowhere you could not walk to a taxi rank so i would not advise taking that option.

Also getting the bus to straffan, they usually have feeder buses from the village into the golf course so that would cut down the walking time, as the european championship is not playing on the ryder cup course playing on the other golf course which is a good 20mins walk from bus stop..

Think somebody ripped you off :D
    Train to Hazelhatch is €1.80 each way

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement