Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dempsey gets Transport & Marine

Options
  • 14-06-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭

Noel Dempsey gets Transport & Marine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who? :D

I see county roads have been included in the Dept mandate, this can only be good news.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Will this be good news for the Navan rail line since he is a Meath man?

There is no mention of it on his website. To be fair, it's the best website I've seen for a TD yet , some of them are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

micmclo wrote:
    There is no mention of it on his website
    It was only announced a while ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I realize that, I wasn't expecting it to be updated yet.

I just expected a Meath TD to have some position on what is a big project for Co. Meath. Like is he strongly supportive or maybe he is against it.

Just wonderin......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

They haven't delivered it up to now, or much else for Navan so it would appear there is not much political will there on ND's behalf. With the greens on board it may come a little closer to reality. It will be interesting to see how things pan out between Dempsey's Transport and John Gormley's Environment / & particularly Heritage portfolios over the M3. Hope the greens have not sold out on this, although the general impression is that they have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The Navan line is in the Programme for Government. Not a feasibility study, actual delivery.

He's known as dialup Dempsey on the Ireland Offline forum, so high speed services may not be a legacy of his time in Transport ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

BendiBus wrote:
    He's known as dialup Dempsey on the Ireland Offline forum, so high speed services may not be a legacy of his time in Transport ;)

Considering his failure to ensure roll-out of broadband infrastructure across the country, and not sorting out ComReg, how can one be optimistic about his ensuring the rollout of all the road infrastructure and public transport needed? As it is he'll have a transport version of ComReg, the National Transport Regulator, to blame things on.

The muppetry with private buses in Dublin and what to do with CIE will no doubt parallel the Eircom saga too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Zoney wrote:
    Considering his failure to ensure roll-out of broadband infrastructure across the country, and not sorting out ComReg, how can one be optimistic about his ensuring the rollout of all the road infrastructure and public transport needed? As it is he'll have a transport version of ComReg, the National Transport Regulator, to blame things on.

The muppetry with private buses in Dublin and what to do with CIE will no doubt parallel the Eircom saga too!

I would say you're spot on. He acheived nothing with comms while there, I expect just as much from transport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dempsey is, if anything, worse than cullen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

Sponge Bob wrote:
    dempsey is, if anything, worse than cullen .
    He couldn't be worse than Cullen!!!!
    Dempsey is incompetent, but at least he's not an Incompetent Liar that thinks he's god's gift to Ireland!!!!

Have the Junior Ministers been announced yet???? Maybe the greens will get the one in the DoT...... Maybe with responsibility for Dublin Transport?????

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Skyhater wrote:
    He couldn't be worse than Cullen!!!!
    he's not an Incompetent Liar that thinks he's god's gift to Ireland!!!!

Prove that..I dare you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Prove that..I dare you :D

"The Rail Order for Navan-Clonsilla line will be on my desk within a week" (or words to that effect)...... Oh Yea!!! It was just a misunderstanding!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Well, if it was like the denial of a broadband problem, he could just deny that there is a railway order, or ask something like "when you have cars why do you need a railway?"... "when you can walk or run, why do you need a railway?"...

Now, remember, don't protest over the lack of a rail link, the new boss doesn't take well to that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

All we need now is Platform 11 to rename themselves IrelandOfftrack and we can completely parallel the telecoms shambles.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It would nearly be a more suitable name, and the media would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

watch Irelands marine suffer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mendicant

I heard that he is going to establish a TCAP. The ECAP having been so succesful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Zoney wrote:
    All we need now is Platform 11 to rename themselves IrelandOfftrack and we can completely parallel the telecoms shambles.

Nah... there is a highly complex and secretive reason for our name. Ireland Offtrack sounds like crayonism.

I'm sure we'll be meeting the nice new minister soon enough anyway, I'll tell him to be sure and have a look in to help in his brief.
    Liar

Whoops. Just as well the Chief State Solicitors office has this place blocked, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The hills are alive with the sound of music...

noel_dempsey_home.jpg

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Is that a manhole you're standing on Noel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Theres nothing secret about the Platform11 name. The name is related to the Phoenix Park Tunnel.

When Heuston was rebuilt in 2001, extra platforms were added, Platform 6 to Platform 10. Platform 10 is at Islandbridge, where the line under the Phoenix Park splits off from the Dublin to Cork mainline. This line runs around the North of the city and heads to Connolly, Docklands, and is used for Freight and transfers.

One of the aims of Platform 11 is to get the Phoenix Park tunnel into use for passenger services

To do that.....needs another Platform at Heuston.

Which will be called......Platform11.

The manhole Noel is standing on is on the formation of the old Clonsilla to Navan railway in Meath.

Lets give the man a chance and see what he does. It takes two or three years before we can judge him, and a man is innocent until proven guilty.

On inaction, Martin Cullen. Guilty.
    On inaction, Seamus Brennan. Guilty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

dermo88 wrote:
    Theres nothing secret about the Platform11 name. The name is related to the Phoenix Park Tunnel.

When Heuston was rebuilt in 2001, extra platforms were added, Platform 6 to Platform 10. Platform 10 is at Islandbridge, where the line under the Phoenix Park splits off from the Dublin to Cork mainline. This line runs around the North of the city and heads to Connolly, Docklands, and is used for Freight and transfers.

One of the aims of Platform 11 is to get the Phoenix Park tunnel into use for passenger services

To do that.....needs another Platform at Heuston.

Which will be called......Platform11.

The joke being, of course, that there is in fact no Platform 9!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

But there is a platform 9.

Platform 9 exists in the Heuston rebuild as an optional extra next to platform 8, the siding currently in position accordingly has been referred to as platform 9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

dermo88 wrote:

Lets give the man a chance and see what he does. It takes two or three years before we can judge him, and a man is innocent until proven guilty.

On inaction, Martin Cullen. Guilty.
    On inaction, Seamus Brennan. Guilty.

Bollocks.

Dempsey arrives in transport already guilty from the shambles he made in Communications.

Cullen arrived guilty from defrauding the taxpayer with the e-voting machines.

And Brennan's crime wasn't simply inaction, even worse the few times he did attempt action he was grossly incompetent. Although in his defence he did goad the CIE unions in to providing a free travel day party for the population. :rolleyes:

Advertisement