Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Charged?

Options
  • 14-06-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Ok, since I have been trying to call Blizzards fantastic Billing Support line for a while now and heard their message about "technical issues" :rolleyes: as many times, I thought I should just ask here if someone else has the same trouble as me.

I found that my credit card was charged twice for my WoW account this month - once by the usual WORLDOFWARCRAFT BLIZZARD in France and once by BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT in Carlow IE. Same thing happened to my b/f only on his the second company was in Dublin.

We bth scanned our computers pretty throughly fearing a keylogger or some such thing at work, but haven't been able to find something. Am now supposing Blizzard has got an Irish base or something an are having a little trouble with both systems charging us... but at the same time since my account was charget June 4th I'm finding it a little weird that they haven't found this by now and done something about it.

Anyone else have the same problem? And has anyone been able to get through to support about it and had a reply on how they will solve it?

Gonna try to write them a mail and see what happens anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

nope that sounds starnge.. mine is taken out monthly and not from ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If you email blizzard the response you'll get back is "Delete your WTF, and Cache folder and re-install world of warcraft".

I got my last bill from Paris, but that was a couple of months ago, and since as far as I know, blizzard have set up a new home in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

rofl bino, SO True, their answer to EVERYTHING.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Perhaps contact your credit card company?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭BKtje

Don't blizz have a sales/billing support which is different from their technical support?

Thought i saw a sales/billing email address somewhere before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Don't blizz have a sales/billing support which is different from their technical support?

They sure do, that's why it said in my original post that I had tried to call Billing support... :p

Anyway, thanks for the replies guy! I got the money magically back into my credit card about a week after it was taken out, with the actual history of that transaction totally wiped from my transactions. I can only assume there was some Blizzard system that faulted and they are trying to get rid of the evidence! :D

Especially since I didn't even delete anything... hehe.

Advertisement