Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raiding

Options
  • 13-06-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Never met another Irish wow player who activley raids end game content so would be interesting to know if there are any out there and what kind of progress they have done.

In vanilla wow I have experienced all of MC/BWL/ AQ40-C'thun/5 bosses in Naxx. In TBC I have only done Kara as I am busy with LC study but when thats over the guild I am likley to be joining is a couple of bosses from vashj in SSC and have downed Void reaver in TK.

I'm a warlock who is DS/Shadow and flame spec which I agree is OP shadowbolt spam EZ mode so I rerolled a warrior recently and plan on having him a dps powerhouse at 70 cause I want more of a challange, and the warlock community on the forums is full of elitists who think they know their class and are jerks.

Although I didn't see much of it, Naxx was imo the ultimate instance and many others have said its the best by far. In an interview with Kungen(MT/GM of Nihilum, world's top raiding guild) he said its the best instance he has ever played in any mmo, and hes played a lot of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have done MC/BWL/AQ40 up to emp. Also was in Naxx a few times but never downed a boss.

Cleared Kara/Gruul/Mag/Doomwalker/Kazzak. In SSC atm, downed Hydross and working on Lurker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

You guys should go for Void Reaver. Many guilds go straight for him after killing Mag. Its a pretty straight forward fight compared to other bosses that late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The only raid guild experience I have pre TBC is Zul Gurub due to a number of poorly made decisions when choosing class and realm, but thankfully TBC gave everyone a fresh start.

I'm now a core member of a raiding guild that has cleared Magtheridon (as of today), Gruul and Kara. We'll be in SSC with in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

In the same guild as jim there. Few other irish guys on the server in guilds that raid too.

Got Lurker tonight onto Morogrim \o/ Guild working on attunement for TK for Void Reaver too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Im in a slower paced guild, currently have all but nightbane in karazhan and are starting with maulgar this sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Pre TBC cleared all world bosses bar one (could never get there in time :p), ZG, AQ20,MC,BWL,AQ40(up to emp) and 2 bosses in naxx (then was the "pvp" patch and we just stopped :p).

Since TBC we have only cleared Kara and Gruul due to many members studying for exams but are now ramping up our attempts. Did Mag for first time last week and doesnt seem to hard (anymore). Hopefully down it tonight :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Am part of a pretty casual guild, we downed Maiden of Virtue in Karazhan for the first time on Tuesday. Pre-BC - almost no raiding experience, a couple of times in ZG and AQ20, once in Molten Core, but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Cleared kara, gruul, maga, in scc at moment currently on lurker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Never did any raiding pre BC(was only a level 50 at that stage).
    Hopefully I will be attuned to Karazhan after tonight(just need to do BM).
    The guild is relatively new and over the last week players are becoming attuned to Karazhan so we may have 10 guildies ready this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pre-TBC: Cleared MC, ZG, Onyxia, AQ20 and BWL up to Nefarian. Never went into AQ40 or naxx

TBC: None. Got to 70, geared up and got Kara attuned, but decided not to raid until my exams were over. Once they finished, I decided against raiding still since I had fallen behind the rest of my guild, so I left it and respecced my priest to PVP shadow for some fun. Got bored, bought and installed LOTRO today :p

• Advertisement

Pre-TBC: Cleared MC, ZG, Onyxia, AQ20 and BWL up to Nefarian. Never went into AQ40 or naxx

TBC: None. Got to 70, geared up and got Kara attuned, but decided not to raid until my exams were over. Once they finished, I decided against raiding still since I had fallen behind the rest of my guild, so I left it and respecced my priest to PVP shadow for some fun. Got bored, bought and installed LOTRO today :p

Noticed that in TBC aswell. Due to attunements, anyone who had to take a break won't be able to raid with a good guild due to attunements and so on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Pre TBC, had cleared ZG, AQ20, Onyx, MC, BWL, AQ40. We downed C'thun about a week before that PVP patch came, so didn't manage any decent attempt at Naxx, which I was sooo disappointed by.
    Same as yourself though, after LC hoping to get back into raiding, only level 65, haven't played properly since about late February. Know the AGM and a few officers in the guild quite well, since very early wow, so hopefully I'll be able to get some nice groups together straight away when I return. College in September too, so lots of free time. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no raid exp, guilds are hard to come by at the mo, i dont play enough sniffle and i'm a lock, very <mneh> to alot of guilds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

my guild is on kael at the moment making slow progress.

tried maulgar this w/e.

Just couldnt get the pull right, dps was not an issue as the priest went down in under 50 seconds. that fúcking stupid fire mage is the bane of our existance, he just kept running at the mage or putting himself beside the tanks.

any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

The mage is really the hardest bit of the pull and took us a few go's to get sorted.

I don't think we ever had the problem of him goign beside the tanks but we generally give the whole area he's in to the mage. I dunno about him running at the mage either, don't think we encountered that (im not sure tho, busy tanking at this stage). Our problem was always that he'd resist the first ice lance that the mage would use to pull him.

Will ask the mage tank later if he has any advice for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

we pull maulgar to the area where you come in from
    pull the warlock and priest over ot the far side near enough to the gate onto gruul
    our mage is at teh wall in between so the mage doesn't move too much on the pull just up a bit and everyone else should be away from the mage then. the mage shouldn't run i believe unless you los him.

OT moved to another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Before I went all casual I had

Done MC, BWL, ZG&AQ20, AQ40 up to Emps

In TBC: Kara, Gruul, SSC up to Morogrim.. the guild i'm in always does mag on wednesdays when i work so i havent done him yet :( :O I'm in an SSC raiding guild as a casual, if i ever get the time to raid properly i'd get back inot raids np

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20 and 40, quit before nax.

TBC: Kara, Gruul, Mag, all SSC excpt vashj (on leo atm), and Void reaver in TK so far. Weve done all the usual outdoor bosses as well,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Before quitting wow about 6 weeks back I had pre TBC everything up to naxx cleared, and in naxx spider and abomination wings cleared with first bosses in other two wings dead. TBC Kara cleared, Gruul farmed, Kazak farmed, Magtheridon dropped a couple of days after I quit. Was sorry to miss that first kill. Well well behind what the lead guilds are dropping if you check the likes of bosskillers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

whats ur guild on outlands lee?

<Drama> !

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Pre TBC, had cleared ZG, AQ20, Onyx, MC, BWL, AQ40. We downed C'thun about a week before that PVP patch came, so didn't manage any decent attempt at Naxx, which I was sooo disappointed by.
    Same as yourself though, after LC hoping to get back into raiding, only level 65, haven't played properly since about late February. Know the AGM and a few officers in the guild quite well, since very early wow, so hopefully I'll be able to get some nice groups together straight away when I return. College in September too, so lots of free time. :)

I was over the moon when they announced the other day they are deleting the SSC and TK attunements. That means we can raid straight away after LC and not have to join some casual guild. \o/

hi brain damaging trial quests :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Same server as data and jim. Same guild pre tbc so exact same raids done.

Post TBC Kara clearing it with two groups a week, mag/gruul, TK Void Reaver down, SSC Hydross/Luker and tidewalker all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

currently in Mount Hyjal killing the 3rd boss. Havent had time to get into BT with a full raid yet. Most likely happening tonight with the first three bosses being killed (optimist).

and hi guys, drake smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Raiding is when u go into dungeons & try and kill the end boss's ?

Im only a new player to the game my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Pre TBC all cleared except Naxx. Stopped on 4Horseman.

Kara, Gruul, Mag, outdoor bosses all on farm. Up to Moro in SSC (and killed loot reaver in TK plenty as well).

• Advertisement
Advertisement