Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden shed/hut

Options
  • 13-06-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am buying a new house without a garage and i need something to store stuff and do the odd job in. I need something about 10' x 8' preferably that I can put together myself i.e prefabricated. Any suggestions and what cost. The house is near Westport and local suppliers would be best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

I picked up a containor with 2 windows(with roller shutters) and a door, prewired 20'x8' for 5K+VAT.

Its dry, secure, and very resalable. But tbh Im considering moving it onto a concrete base and shuttering it up like a log cabin (wood stakes split in half) and leaving it next to the garage when I get around to building it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jayespartero

I think a wooden hut would do. You can make use of the cheapest yet quality wood available in the lumber yard. You can design it any way that you want as you long as it serves the purpose that you intend you to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

westie wrote: »
    I am buying a new house without a garage and i need something to store stuff and do the odd job in. I need something about 10' x 8' preferably that I can put together myself i.e prefabricated. Any suggestions and what cost. The house is near Westport and local suppliers would be best.

Try, www.steeltechsheds.com
    they have a 10 X 7 steel shed for E1250.00 at present. I goes down onto a concrete slab, not incl. in price. Price includes fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I think a wooden hut would do. You can make use of the cheapest yet quality wood available in the lumber yard. You can design it any way that you want as you long as it serves the purpose that you intend you to have.

I'd say OP has this sorted by now. The thread is nearly 5 years old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Who resurected that.........cheap bali hut ........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jayespartero

martinn123 wrote: »
    Who resurected that.........cheap bali hut ........

Just a thought. Maybe somebody else might go over it and have an idea if he/she is planning to have one as well right? Just giving a piece of advice.

Advertisement