Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaseholder drama!!

Options
  • 13-06-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,
    I wrote a thread a while back about how the leaseholder (lets call him Bob) in our house got the lease renewed under his name only, and proceeded to kick two of the guys out (Tom and Tim) who were living in the house.

While ringing regarding a reference, one of the guys asked the estate agents why he was being evicted without any notification etc etc.

It turns out that Bob went to the estate agents and told them that Tom and Tim had already moved out, and that since he was the only permanent tenant now, he'd like it renewed under his name only. Then, having the lease under his name only he then told Tom and Tim to get out of the house.

When the estate agent spoke with Tom and heard the conflicting story, they told Tom that Bob had been dishonest and that he cannot do that. In fact they are not happy with Bob at all, for attempting an illegal eviction. To evict someone you need to give them an official letter, stating the reason why they are being evicted. It needs to be signed by the landlord or someone acting on behalf of the landlord (estate agent). Thus Bob was attempting an illegal eviction by lying to the estate agent, and Tom and Tim.

Tom has not yet told Bob what he knows. I am a neutral party in this as I have not lived in the house long enough to have tenant rights. I just really dont like the way Bob has gone about this.

Thoughts?

I was thinking, the Bob potentially could have gotten the estate agents into a lot of trouble for their part in an illegal eviction.

Bobs reasons for doing all this was because his standards of cleanliness were not being met. Is this grounds to carry through with the eviction anyway?

It may have turned around so that Tom and Tim could evict Bob, for his dishonesty and unlawful act.

Tom and Tim are probably going to move out anyway, because they dont want to live with Bob and they just want a bit of peace. But that means that I'll have to live under Bobs regime!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starky

I'll have to live under Bobs regime!

Seriously time to Move, I pity anyone who lives with this "bob" FREAK

Advertisement