Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritual Music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I have some meditation ones I will list when i get home
    Edit: Nu karma: shiatsu
    Tony scott: Music for zen meditation
    Into Tranquility
    but it depends what i am doing.

For certain things i compiled a selction of music from varied sources:

Dead can Dance, deepak chopra, lots of extracts from the buddha bar series karma collections..... All designed to harmonise and blend in a sacred space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

I don't normally use music when I meditate, but sometimes before to calm me down and concentrate. Then I'll use anything I really like.

Right now I'd probably use something from Sarband (see link in signature) or Lhasa de Sela (Con toda Palabra - a little weird video, song from "The Living Road")

Fragile is nice IMO - here old version from 88, very the eighties.

A while ago I used to like to listen to Hallelujah - Wainwright's version or Buckley's (maybe too sad). (I even like the mock versions of this song).

It's a matter personal taste, I think - what I happen to like, you might really hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

maitri wrote:
    I don't normally use music when I meditate, but sometimes before to calm me down and concentrate. Then I'll use anything I really like.

Right now I'd probably use something from Sarband (see link in signature) or Lhasa de Sela (Con toda Palabra - a little weird video, song from "The Living Road")

Fragile is nice IMO - here old version from 88, very the eighties.

A while ago I used to like to listen to Hallelujah - Wainwright's version or Buckley's (maybe too sad). (I even like the mock versions of this song).

It's a matter personal taste, I think - what I happen to like, you might really hate.

Some very good links there. Picks of the bunch would be:
    Deva Premal The Essence and Con toda Palabra.
    BTW, I am atheist but would appreciate the music.
    Keep it coming.
    Thanks
    Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Two of my favs for relaxing are
    The Fairy Ring by Mike Rowland
    healing Flute Music by Seamus Byrne
    The latter is a monk from Co.Wicklow,he is amazing, i just get lost in his stuff.
    Generally, i dont listen to music when i meditate,prefer quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Some very good links there. Picks of the bunch would be:
    Deva Premal The Essence and Con toda Palabra.
    BTW, I am atheist but would appreciate the music.
    Keep it coming.
    Thanks
    Tim

Glad you liked some of it. There are a lot of other very nice songs on "The Living Road" (where I found "Con Toda Palabra").

(I tried to find something "atheist" for you :D - the best I could find was this:
    Is That All There Is? with Peggy Lee. Cool and very disillusioned. Probably not too good for meditation... and speaking of Peggy Lee, neither is Fever, I suppose)

To jump back to topic... Monica Zetterlund's "Walz for Debbie" is beautiful and good for relaxation:
    link
    another link

Have a nice summer! :)

M.

• Advertisement
Advertisement