Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware problem?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

MY laptop's keyboard used to have a nasty habit of locking up when I was in the middle of doing something. Mostly if I was playing a game the keyboard would stick causing me to turn off the laptop but would occur anywhere else too, Media player, Internet Explorer, Word, etc. It became a frequent problem and no matter how many updates and formats I gave the thing the problem always returned with a vengence.

Now because of all the fiddling I did with it the problem has disappeared but I've no idea what would have fixed it. In the case of me formatting again the problem is going to come back (I presume), any idea what would cause this. Heating was not an issue with the laptop.

Advertisement