Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy - Dole question

Options
  • 12-06-2007 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm being made redundant from my job of 12 years this September. I plan to take some time to re-train myself at home (IT related) I'm a homeowner living with my wife (who works) - 1st kid on the way soon...

What timeframe exists before I can sign on?

What can I expect to receive?

Do you collect benefit from the local Post Office?

If I am still unemployed when the baby is born, will the benefit increase?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

sticker wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm being made redundant from my job of 12 years this September. I plan to take some time to re-train myself at home (IT related) I'm a homeowner living with my wife (who works) - 1st kid on the way soon...

Thanks in advance...[/QUOTE

1. If you receive a redundancy settlement over E50,000 you can be disqualified from receiving Jobseeker's benefit for up tp 9 weeks. You can sign on as soon as you are made redundant.

2. The personal rate is E185.80, if your wife is earning under E280 Gross per week you can claim a increase for her (rate of increase depends on earnings she has).

3. You can collect your Benefit frm the Local Post Office.

4. If you are still unemployed when the baby is born you may get paid for him or her, it depends on the following:
    - if your wife earns over E400 gross per week then you won't get paid a increase for your child (current rate E22.00)
    - If your wife is earning under E400.00 and over E280.00 you may get a 1/2 rate increase for your child (E11.00)
    - If your wife earns less than E280 gross and you are getting a payment for her on your claim, you will may paid a full increase for your child (E22.00).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

sticker wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks in advance...[/QUOTE

1. If you receive a redundancy settlement over E50,000 you can be disqualified from receiving Jobseeker's benefit for up tp 9 weeks. You can sign on as soon as you are made redundant.

2. The personal rate is E185.80, if your wife is earning under E280 Gross per week you can claim a increase for her (rate of increase depends on earnings she has).

3. You can collect your Benefit frm the Local Post Office.

4. If you are still unemployed when the baby is born you may get paid for him or her, it depends on the following:
    - if your wife earns over E400 gross per week then you won't get paid a increase for your child (current rate E22.00)
    - If your wife is earning under E400.00 and over E280.00 you may get a 1/2 rate increase for your child (E11.00)
    - If your wife earns less than E280 gross and you are getting a payment for her on your claim, you will may paid a full increase for your child (E22.00).

Thanks for the info!

I'll be getting a redundancy payment that will be less than €50K - what timeframe to I have before I get my first benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'd advise you to sign on as soon as possible since ther would be no redundancy disqulaification. preferably the day after you are made redundant.

Advertisement