Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone still playing UO?

Options
  • 12-06-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

i started playing again :D

Playing on europa as Erasamus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

And how are you finding it? Anything new or interesting ?

I pretty much lost interest once they split the servers from all pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i forgot how much i enjoyed the game.

Tokuno isles
    Ilshenar
    Malas

all new lands.

Magic items have more descriptive info, theres more monsters, more spells.
    more skills
    necromancy
    spellweaving (100mage 100 necro required, gives you even more spells)
    ninjitsu
    chivalry
    (examples)

more houses and they are fully customisable, you get a blank footprint plot and build the design, when the design is complete and you have the gold you build it on the plot.

new mounts, weapons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Whats the monthly charge on that now, and have they improved the graphics?

theyve killed the third dawn 3d client and theres a new client in the works called kingdom reborn http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/before.php this has before and after shots and it does look tastey

monthly charge is 13.99

i havent tried KR client yet as my gfx card is literally dieing a lsow and painful death so im not gonna stress it. but it does look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

13.99 is a bit steep for a game of that age..

hmm shard servers here I come :D

• Advertisement

shard servers suck balls, thats why i went back to the official servers. uo despite its ages holds up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

WTF!? I was sure I replied in this thread?????
    Did an admin delete my post or something?

I still play UO a bit. It's been 10 years now, 7 since I was banned. Just play freeservers ofcourse.
    None of the trammie bull**** or all the pvp destroying expansions.

Publish25 AOS is where it was/is at.

Freeservers to play would be UODreams or Defiance AOS.
    "shard servers" ? Never heard that phrase lol.
    I just returned to DFI AOS atm.
    Has **** ALL ppl playing but I'm trying to get more people to come back and sort out the server. The admin is half awol.

What OSI server do you play Jaggeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Coonagh Cowboy

I still play UO although I moved to the Legends Shard from Europa.Have played it since beta really and seen all sort of changes bad and good.But I still think the best time in UO was right before Third Dawn.

im playing on europa, im doing quite well. my previous experience has served me well, 100resist 100medi 100focus 82mage 70necro 92eval 78spiritspeak

im looking to get necro and mage to 100 so i can do spellweaving. im loving the game again.

Had my first pvp session on friday and got 5 kills. one real cocky guy with a nightmare kept sniping us at the bank and stealthing, i managed to reveal/para/flamestrike him in quick succession :D

Also did my first champion spawn with my guild, all i can say is wow they are hard. but full of $$$.

once again loving the game, freeservers suck.

lol
    Well when you start pvping and stop being a trammy you will see why tens of thousands have quit OSI.
    Last samurai ninja elf bull**** with gargoyles in the works.. nice.
    NOT. [/borat]

Well actually the game is fun when you are relatively new or have been away for so long. It's when you've played it forever for its brilliant pvp moments that you get fed up and seek out balance.
    Ever heard of Legacy25 by any chance?

• Advertisement

By the way lads, have either of you ever heard of Legacy25 ?

Well its based on publish 25, the one that brought about absolute balance and made AOS what it should have always been. Extremely balanced PvP and the whole lot. Designed by one of the lads behind Publish 25. Noxin.
    Used to play Europa and Drachenfels in a guild called I-C.

Anyhow, that server died because of hosting problems and funding.
    A clone of it is reopening now, called Supremacy25.

I dunno if you are into PvP or not, but if you are you will come and bring as many as you can from the dieing OSI servers.

It's strictly fel only. No Doom. You get artifacts from champs but its a low %. Higher % drop from more difficult champs ofc.
    It spawns in a box on the champions corpse, its locked so you have to unlock it (non movable box), even when you loot it, it's cursed for a set amount of time.
    You then have to run to safety and get it out.
    Some excellent fights in Despise.

Dungeon Shame is the hotspot for PvP as the Doom bosses are in there. They dont drop artis but they do drop rewards.
    It's a pvp based server so you can loot Runics from them, aswell as shrouds, hair dyes reward tubs, cbd, Arms lore and alchemy PS's.
    The evil mages drop ethys and some solen rewards.
    Most of that loot is cursed (not the ethys or shrouds), so you have to get it out safely.
    Everything in Shame drops a reward. The bigger the boss, the better chance.

Sounds like a stupid big custom shard if you think inside the box but throw in a couple of hundred players.... well, unforgettable pvp.

Lots of changes made to balance out pvp. 30% LMC cap for example, LMC doenst affect weapon special moves. Mana cost penalty for using a special move within 3 seconds of a previous one.... the list goes on.

Even a system that rewards you for turning in paragon chests.
    You cant sell anything to any vendors.

Working economy. The whole lot.
    Excellent BOD system that makes crafting worth while and still a challenge.
    Crafting Gem system aswell. You loot, lets say.. a 15% defense chance increase Gem.
    This can only be applied to a weapon made from special tools, as long as you have the special skills, and even then, not 15% will be applied, it could be a lower amount.
    With the max amount of 5 props allowed to be added to a weapon it's actually extremely hard to make one you want. Gives crafters something to work for all the time.

Can't really explain it at all, you just have to check it out.
    It's in beta at the moment tho.
    Going live around the second week in July.

Give it a try, regardless of what you think of it based on my post. See for yourself.
    If you like PvP then you will truly love it and will be telling people to come join.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

jaggeh wrote:
    i started playing again

DELURK...
    I saw the other day that EA had updated UO and so I downloaded the new client to see what it was like ... setting up a new account seems to be a baffling ordeal...
    following their instructions I ended up at www.uogamecodes.com which required that I had a UO account...

in order to buy an account code to start a new account... I need to have an account...
    so... I set up a new account here
    which then asks me for a Product Reg Code... so then off I go to uogamecodes to buy a new account code... and then it asks me to log in there ... but the account I just created does not appear to be the correct one...

Crazy.

order i went in

Free trial
    fill in details (cc info and such)
    play for 15 days (cc pays for next 30 days)
    buy upgrade code to make age of shadows into Mondains legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

free trial seems to be the way in...
    they're not exactly making getting in easy.
    well... easy is not the right word... straight forward...
    it's not straight forward at all.

Thanks Jaggeh...

oh for some reason all the servers have close to 50% packet loss.

i wont be on till tomorrow night so if you are playing on europa give me a shout on msn jaggeh@gmail.com

Have you seen the upcoming pvp fixes that have been leaked Jaggeh?

im not that into it kokane. i enjoy playing but im not about to go foamy at the mouth if x class loses y bonus while z class gets w buff etc.

You don't pvp then ?

Advertisement