Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 5 - Serie A

Options
  • 12-06-2007 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

According to the Guardian Channel 5 are after buying the rights to Serie A for the next 2 years.

Will include a highlights package and rights to a number of live games each week.

Its the first time since 2002 that Serie A will be shown live on British terrestrial TV since Channel 4 stopped showing games live.

Can we in Ireland hold out any hope for C5 to finally come on Sky Digital ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Niall1234 wrote:
    According to the Guardian Channel 5 are after buying the rights to Serie A for the next 2 years.

Will include a highlights package and rights to a number of live games each week.

Its the first time since 2002 that Serie A will be shown live on British terrestrial TV since Channel 4 stopped showing games live.

Can we in Ireland hold out any hope for C5 to finally come on Sky Digital ?

Setanta and Bravo show Serie A live. Setants coverage for life matches was crap near the end of the season. They did show high llights as well Didnt watch it on Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kearnsr wrote:
    Setanta and Bravo show Serie A live. Setants coverage for life matches was crap near the end of the season. They did show high llights as well Didnt watch it on Bravo.

Bravo stopped showing Serie A just after Christmas due to low ratings. Good that five are showing it now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I used to watch a bit of Serie A when it used to be on Channel 4 (Gary Bloom IIRC). I stopped watching much when it moved though.

At least now, there might be something to watch on five now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sadly I have NTL, so it'll be Sopcast for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

nipplenuts wrote:

That doesn't matter considering C5 isn't being carried on any platform I know of in ROI. I'm guessing people on the east coast can pick up the terrestrial signal from Wales though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

Niall1234 wrote:
    That doesn't matter considering C5 isn't being carried on any platform I know of in ROI. I'm guessing people on the east coast can pick up the terrestrial signal from Wales though ?

As Five is not available in ROI I am guessing that Setanta may still acquire the rights for ROI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nipplenuts wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Setanta Ireland gets the rights for this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

A lot of UEFA Cup matches that have been on five in the UK have appeared on Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

A UK Sky card should pick up channel 5. Not a bad channel and maybe they'll get James Richardson.

Advertisement