Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should fix the toilet?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Quick question, we have a problem with our toilet, it wont flush. Now should we have to get it fixed or should the landlord sort the problem. Been living in the flat for 1 year, and its not something that we broke, more general wear and tear. In other words its old!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

As far as i know its the landlords problem. Did you tell him? If not do not ask, just tell him to arrange a plumber for the toilet and the sooner the better as you are worried about flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

deecom wrote:
    Quick question, we have a problem with our toilet, it wont flush. Now should we have to get it fixed or should the landlord sort the problem. Been living in the flat for 1 year, and its not something that we broke, more general wear and tear. In other words its old!

Man, this is the jacks we're talking about! The most important device in a house. Especially when it's full and won't flush!

Step 1 - take the top off the tank and have a gander - quite often it's the chain that comes loose or breaks. Dead easy to fix. You'll be able to tell anyway if the handle just flops about...

Step 2 - Yeah, it's the landlords responsibility but they won't thank you if you call a plumber (and then bill the landlord) and it's something dead simple. Phone the landlord first.

In the case of, say, tiles coming off the roof in an apartment complex though, I believe the management company would take care of that...

Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Sorry forgot to mention its the syphon thats knackered, none of the easy bits! So it means taking the toilet off the wall to fix i think. Thanks for the replies and off to call the landlord in the morning.

Advertisement