Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Lenovo any good?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Lenovo_3000_C200_Laptop_TZ0BJUK/version-1.asp

Im not a serious user or gamer, just need something for internet/movies/photos/torrents etc.

Main problem i see is that is has vista - i have no way of downgrading to XP, so will it be very slow? (memory will be 1.5gb when i get it)

Also, is there much difference between celeron m 173 ghz, and Intel Core Duo T2250 / 1.73 GHz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Levono's in general have excellent build quality (I'm typing this on one), so you are paying more, but getting more.
    Also, is there much difference between celeron m 173 ghz, and Intel Core Duo T2250 / 1.73 GHz?

In short, a helluva difference. For basic word processing and internet a celeron should be fine, but you would notice the difference between it and a dual core.

As someone who bought a Celeron a while back, I would suggest that if your budget permits, go for the dual core.

As for Vista, it should be fine on 1.5 gig (though, I haven't used Vista much, I must admit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Thanks for the info Tom.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Definitely get the cre duo over the celeron if you can afford it.

Advertisement