Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish lottery scam

Options
  • 11-06-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Just a warning to all. I and a few people I know received a letter today from
    "Loterias y Apuestas del Esatado".

This is an obvious scam, easy for me to spot but my mother got a bit excited to be told she had won 615,810euros!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got a few of em... read up about it on the net. Some american woman sent them over $15,000 and was wondering when she should expect to hear from them. Im half tempted to make someone up n send back the form for fun...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

people's greed never ceases to amaze me, anyone who falls for these deserves what they get.

It weeds out the stupid people in the gene pool imho

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

My mom called to tell me she got one of these this morning. She wanted to call the gardaí about it.
    Coincidentally, the listed winning lotto numbers contained both our birthdays (5 & 13), which she usually uses when playing the lotto here and she recently spent a month in Alicante, but she still wasn't fooled by it.

In this day and age, with all the warnings on TV about ID theft etc, I'm amazed that anyone could fall for a scam like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

never underestimate how stupid some people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

We got them... in the end we got €4 ..... all €1 cheques lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

never underestimate how stupid some people are.

Or greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

We got one of those this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Cabaal wrote:
    people's greed never ceases to amaze me, anyone who falls for these deserves what they get.

It weeds out the stupid people in the gene pool imho

Yikes :eek: Do the lottery people murder you or something?

Advertisement