Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirituality in a relationahip...?

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I've been with my girlfriend for a year now. I had thought that when you fall in love with somebody, it would be unconditional and that you wouldn't need them to be spiritually inclined in order to find happiness in the relationship.

However, sometimes when I think of marriage or kids I feel a little bit unsure about going ahead, unless there is the sanity of spiritual guidance for both of us in life, in marriage, in child rearing... it is one thing to persue this path for yourself, and find great relief and happiness through it...but questions arise when you enter into a long term relationship, and you want to be able to share the peace and the happiness of the spiritual teaching that you practice with your partner. You do not want to keep this to yourself.... you will want this healing to permeate throughout your potential family and to heal deeply every step of the way. If two people practice, then the power is even greater.

I suppose I had this idea that if I was in a relationship with someone, they would magically start to share my meditation practice after they had seen how much it benefits me. But when this dream doesn't come true, what is the best way to proceed?

By the way, I practise Vipassana meditation, and have done courses in ireland and abroad.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement