Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some general feedback. I have applied to all four councils in Dublin for the affordable housing. I heard back from three so far. Has anyone any idea how long i will be waiting?

I got a letter from Dun lao/ rath saying i was 9147 on the list.

I got a letter from Fingal saying my application was being processed and i will be contacted for an interview.

I got a letter from DCC saying acknowledging my application.

Thanks

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Brooklyn74

DCC now does things strictly on a lottery basis so you'll be waiting at least until the next lottery is held, probably in the autumn at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

Applied back in October to Fingal, had interview in early December, received approval in early January and not a Dickie Bird since!! Emailed them before about position on waiting list and they sent back a standard email about them contacting you when properties became available in accordance with your position on list.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Over 8 months waiting on Fingal and not a word. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Brooklyn74 wrote:
    DCC now does things strictly on a lottery basis so you'll be waiting at least until the next lottery is held, probably in the autumn at this point.

I know this may be a little off topic, but does anyone else suspect, as I do, that the reason DCC offers affordable housing on a lottery basis is because they dont want it publicly known how disgracefully long their waiting lists would be were accomodation offered on a first-come first-served basis?

OP, you could be lucky with DCC. My bf's cousin was only waiting a couple of months before he got his apartment. That's the nature of lotterys I suppose, they're good luck for some and not for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

Over 8 months waiting on Fingal and not a word. :(
    Are you on a local list kingambrose or just the general list. I just wish they would let you know where you were on the list. I am being patient but would just love to know where I'm on list. They don't seem to have much coming up at the moment..

• Advertisement
Advertisement