Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry Foods Charleville

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've been offered a postiton with Kerry Foods in Charleville in their accounts dept.

Has anybody worked there in accounts or do you know of anyone who works there.

Natually, Kerry will say that it's a great place to work - but I want to know from an actual worker.

Thanks

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Never worked for them directly but I believe its a grand spot to work in.

Most large companies like them are good to work for and if you have the energy and work hard its not to hard to work your way up the pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Isn't that their shared services department? Personally, I wouldn't be rushing back to work for Kerry, never mind their Shared Services. However, how you get on with them will depend a lot more on your personality rather than your ability.

I have worked in Shared Services elsewhere, and hated it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

I have a friend who works there. There is a very high turnover of staff in the main office block in Charleville. I also have a another friend whos' sister, a college grad. in business studies, applied for a specific job there but was put answering complaints calls. When she queried her boss, he told her she'd have to stick it out for 6 months and he would review the situation. She left a week later. However, a job is a job. You could always take it and see how things go. Best of luck with your decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Anyone I ever talked to about Kerry Group in Kerry said they were very hard to work for (I'm being polite). I think Charlevile might be better though.

But, as has been said, you can always chuck it. If you don't take it you'll never know. Oddly I think my ex girlfriend works there, although I've not met her in years. At least she's nice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

Kerry group are a formidable company. However this is so due to their huge work ethic. Top executives work huge hours and down through the line aspiring employees do the same. In kerry you are expected to do this.

However they reward good people with generous salaries. Good employees rarely leave the company as their salaries aren't matched by many other companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

bloodninja wrote:
    Kerry group are a formidable company. However this is so due to their huge work ethic. Top executives work huge hours and down through the line aspiring employees do the same. In kerry you are expected to do this.

However they reward good people with generous salaries. Good employees rarely leave the company as their salaries aren't matched by many other companies.

So, If you want to live to work... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

yeah i guess thats it.

You could look at it this way..... If you want to be successful anywhere you are expected to have a bit of that attitude. So at least they don't bull**** you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They have a very hands-on work ethic - a legacy from their agricultural background.

Advertisement