Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture gallery for storms in New South Wales (Aus.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wow!! Those are amazing. When was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I suppose it is their winter but that is very unusual.

I was in newcastle on route to the wineries in the hunter valley (hmmmmm vino...yum yum :p) around this time of the year and everywhere was parched dry and it was as warm as a good summers day here.

I remember we did see rain and thunder heading up the pacific highway and man when it rains and thunders in Oz it puts our excuses for storms to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

When ElNino is strong in the Pacific,Australia especially the more northern and eastern territories are usually parched dry for months on end.This is probably a good indication that Elnino is on hold in the pacific atm and down under is experiencing probably the first in many cyclones to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:eek:
    Does this mean that the terrible drought in that part of australia is over now? Last I heard australia was having it's worst drought on record?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6736687.stm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One bad storm won't make much difference, most of the water proberly ran off the land.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

And I think the drought threat is restricted to particular places like Victoria and maybe Western Australia.

And I think the drought threat is restricted to particular places like Victoria and maybe Western Australia.
    Sydney and that whole area had been suffering severe drought before the storms but only areas north of sydney received the substantial rain, this article mentions the drought:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070610.wozflood0610/BNStory/International/home

Advertisement