Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus

Options
  • 09-06-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I know i titled the thread dublin Bus but my first question is when is the the planned finish date for the Metro North? Anyway i am moving to Dublin in a few weeks and will be based around griffith college for a while. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the nearest bus stop to here? Also i am planning on going to the Bernard Dunne fight in the Point Depot any ideas how to get here from Griffith College via Public Transport. Also basing myself in Griffith College how can i get to the National Basketball Arena via Public Transport and also how can i get out to Belfield, UCD? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Buses that go to (or close to) Griffith College: 16, 16A, 19, 19A, 49, 49A, 56A, 122, 210

To get to the Point. Bus into town and walk down the quays.

Not quite sure where the National Basketball arena is in Tallaght - possible that the 49 or 49a goes near it.

To Belfield - Bus into town and the 10 or 46a out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stpehenmc03

spurious wrote:
    Buses that go to (or close to) Griffith College: 16, 16A, 19, 19A, 49, 49A, 56A, 122, 210.

I understand the bus numbers that go close but would i be right in saying that the closes bus stop is Leonards Corner? Also what is the cheapest way to travel on the bus in Dublin? I have a student travel card or would it be cheaper to get a weekely pass if there is such thing?

I understand the bus numbers that go close but would i be right in saying that the closes bus stop is Leonards Corner? Also what is the cheapest way to travel on the bus in Dublin? I have a student travel card or would it be cheaper to get a weekely pass if there is such thing?

7-day student bus ticket here: http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/weekly.asp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 19 stops right outside the College. Most, possibly all, of the others pass at Leonard's Corner, but it's a very short walk.
    It's not 'that' far a walk from Griffith College into town anyway.

spurious wrote:
    The 19 stops right outside the College. Most, possibly all, of the others pass at Leonard's Corner, but it's a very short walk.
    It's not 'that' far a walk from Griffith College into town anyway.

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

The 54A goes down Clanbrassil Street, past Leonard's Corner, and comes close to the National Basketball Arena; http://www.nationalbasketballarena.ie/arena_how_to.asp tells you where to get off (but on no account believe their estimate of a 25-minute journey time...).

Since you asked about Metro North, theoretically 2012, but now generally considered to be 2013.

Prof_V wrote:
    The 54A goes down Clanbrassil Street, past Leonard's Corner, and comes close to the National Basketball Arena; http://www.nationalbasketballarena.ie/arena_how_to.asp tells you where to get off (but on no account believe their estimate of a 25-minute journey time...).

Since you asked about Metro North, theoretically 2012, but now generally considered to be 2013.

Thanks that makes it alot easier then going into the city and getting one out. All replys are really very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I know i titled the thread dublin Bus but my first question is when is the the planned finish date for the Metro North? Anyway i am moving to Dublin in a few weeks and will be based around griffith college for a while. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the nearest bus stop to here? Also i am planning on going to the Bernard Dunne fight in the Point Depot any ideas how to get here from Griffith College via Public Transport. Also basing myself in Griffith College how can i get to the National Basketball Arena via Public Transport and also how can i get out to Belfield, UCD? Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen, I live beside the college and here are the buses closest to the college....

To the front door, 19/122. 121 leaves you just 200 metres away and is quicker in and out of town, especially in the off peak.

Leonards Corner (3 minutes walk away), 16/16A, 19A, 49/49A, 54A.

Dolphins Barn (5 Minutes walk away) 17, 50, 56A, 77/A, 150, 151.

To get to the NBA, the 77A stops outside the front gate. The 54A will leave you about 10 minutes walk away, as will the 77 and 50. To get to the Point, the 50, 77/A wil leave you in Ringsend, walk to the village and cross the East Link; it's only 5 minutes walk; alternatively, the 151 will leave you at Docklands station, the Point is a straight walk from there.

To get to UCD, the 17 gets there direct but is slow and irregular. Best bet is the 10/46A from Trinity College, some services on the 11 also serve UCD directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Also to Belfield from city centre:

7B, 7D, 10A, 46B, 46C, 46D, 46E, 58C, 63, 84, 116, 117, 118, 145.

(Just in case of the occasional blip in service on the 10 or 46A!!) ;)

Some excellent info in the last two post, this is going to make my stay really handy now, you dont know how much this means to me. Thanks again.

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This site might help you out with some of the bus routes:

http://www.dublincitybus.com/

bk wrote:

Thant is just the site i was looking for, i have being trying to use the Dublin Bus website and google earth plotting some routes but this is the website with both of them, thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

bk wrote:

I would exercise caution in using the site above as, firstly it appears to be a work in progress, and secondly however well intentioned it may be, there are already errors in routings of buses shown on the map.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

KC61 wrote:
    I would exercise caution in using the site above as, firstly it appears to be a work in progress, and secondly however well intentioned it may be, there are already errors in routings of buses shown on the map.

Well surely you should submit corrections for those errors so?

It is certainly better then the waste of space that the DB site is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

bk wrote:
    Well surely you should submit corrections for those errors so?

It is certainly better then the waste of space that the DB site is.

I am just making the point that there are mistakes in some of the routings (I only checked a couple of routes), and that care should be taken in using it and that it should not be relied as gospel. Dublin Bus do have a set of local service guides that include local maps that are largely accurate now available in head office, but even they have shortcomings.

I've no problem helping out if someone from the site wants to contact me off-board. I and some colleagues would have a definitive list of routings if the project managers wish to contact me, and I've no problem helping out.

If this is the project as outlined by irlrobins some months back I would add that I did offer to help at the time but was informed that they would have sufficient resources to do so without my assistance.

Advertisement