Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new laptop+BSOD= :(

Options
  • 09-06-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

i bought a laptop (a compaq presario F551AU,dual core,nvidia) about three weeks ago, with vista installed.i bought it from harvey norman. its running well generally, but has been having blue screens of death recently. this evening it was doing it every half hour or so.its not overheating, generally sits around 45-47 degrees and is at 53 at the moment. the same error message comes up ( STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x8D6EF028, 0xF602400,0x00000135) )Im not losing anything so I havent been worried, but I want to know how I can find out whether its a Vista problem or a problem with the computer itself. If its a problem with the computer, its under warranty and ive no bother getting a new one,ive not got a lot on it yet and i can transfer it to the boyfriends lappie. but if its a vista problem theres not much i can do is there? my boyfriend downloaded the latest nvidia driver recently as he read on a few forums that that is a suspected problem with vista ie compatiblity between nvidia and vista.

any tips would be helpful. i hope you dont mind, but ill crosspost this to the windows forum also.

thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If it's under warranty, bring it back. Sumple as that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Could be bad RAM, you can test the RAM by using Memtest86+.
    Download the bootable floppy version and run at least one pass, report any errors that show up.

Advertisement