Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz WSOP satellite last night

Options
  • 08-06-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Played this last night. Took on a race for over double the average with 30 left of 52 runners. Anyone know who won the package? I think Musician, 5StarPool, Hyzepher and others were still in when I busted...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

3rd for €460 at 5.30 in the bleedin morning. Not a happy bunny. Dom wasn't too happy either but at least he got home early. I don't think I'm meant to play this fecking WSOP ever :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I played that hand like a bit of an idiot, but I either wanted a big stack or to go home. I didn't think you had top two and think you would have folded most other hands here to my bet. I still think I had you covered, but it is my fault for not getting the pot counted. Did you count your stack after that hand Brian? If you had ~48k then I was wrong, if you had less than 45k I was right.

ul btw. Do you know who were the last 2 left?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5starpool wrote:
    I played that hand like a bit of an idiot, but I either wanted a big stack or to go home. I didn't think you had top two and think you would have folded most other hands here to my bet. I still think I had you covered, but it is my fault for not getting the pot counted. Did you count your stack after that hand Brian? If you had ~48k then I was wrong, if you had less than 45k I was right.

ul btw. Do you know who were the last 2 left?

Thought you played that hand well up to the calling my all-in part. I would rarely be re-raising someone whose game I respect with anything less than 2 pair tbh. I'm certain you were right about the stacks and I was sorry I didn't speak up before you had left your chair. I was a bit thrown as I had been concentrating on the all-in and hadn't even noticed that Adam had handed me 1k change.
    Paul (not sure of second name, regular cash player there, big guy with slightly northern twang) knocked me out and was left heads up with one of the guys from the North. I hope Paul won it as hes a nice fella. Kevin was the only other player I knew at the final table and he was very unlucky to lose alot of chips to Paul and end up crippled. Sickener was that the guy from the North said he didn't want to go to Vegas (hardly knew what the prize was to begin with) and I don't think Paul was too pushed either.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

musician wrote:
    Thought you played that hand well up to the calling my all-in part. I would rarely be re-raising someone whose game I respect with anything less than 2 pair tbh.
    Not to want to resurrect this unnecessarily (but I was away for a couple of days), but you never reraised me, and I went all in first which you called. Small point but a bit important.

Sorry yes my mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

It was the second time I played this.
    My first mistake was in the satellite. Three left and fairly even. Denise called players to the tournament. No deal in the satellite so I started going all-in every hand, and was busted. When I got to my tourney seat, they said they were waiting for the satellite to finish. ffs. The two satellite players did a deal.
    Had about 12k after the break which was average. Pocket QQ, flop QT7 (two diamonds), bet a little, raised all-in by lady to my left. I called. She rivered her diamond flush draw and I lost 7k. :mad:

Advertisement