Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG Poor Schilling

Options
  • 07-06-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

8 2/3 no hit innings and then a first pitch single by Shannon Stewart....Sickener! :eek: :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I don't think too many people were upset given his inclination to 'sound off' so much. He also shook off Varitek for Stewart's hit.

If Lugo (hey-how's Alex doing this season?) hadn't committed an error, Schilling would have lost a perfect game in the 9th.

To be fair, I read some stats on Schilling earlier (probably on the Globe) about how he has never won a Cy Young, never pitched a no-hitter, and never pitched a perfect game. Pretty unfortunate when you look at what Clemens, Johnson etc. have achieved. But hey, he has 2 rings, so not so bad I guess.

I have mixed feelings over whether or not the Sox should re-sign him. The best reason I can think of to do so is that he would probably end up with the Yankees if they didn't-and that could go either way.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Schilling nearly got the second no-hitter of the season, but Justin Verlander has actually done it tonight for the Tigers. 4-0 to Detroit against Milwaukee for the first Detroit no-hitter since 1984. All my buddies in Detroit are rather happy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

What a difference a week makes-9 hits and 6 runs last night-the same day he tells the Sox "you can sign me for next season now for $13m"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Haha, really? Well...Jays paid $128M for Wells and he's current hitting .240-odd with 5 Homers, and $13M Thomas is hitting .220 something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

Pitching is so important, he'll probably get his $13M. The Yankees might give it to him out of spite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

I thought Zambrano's effort for the Cubs vs the Padres last Saturday was a bigger sickener. A complete game, 2 hitter but he gives up a solo homer in the 8th and takes the loss! That has to be a brutal feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah but he's a total muppet. Takin off his belt in the middle of the bench-clear...What a retard.

Advertisement