Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National College of Ireland

Options
  • 07-06-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

What is this college and campus like? Was looking and accounting and hr - is it good?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is in a handy location,served well by public transport.
    It is small and quite new.
    It is really disorganised though as a college but some of the lecturers are good.
    It is known mostly for its HR courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NemosTiny

The College itself is only new(2001).
    The college is known for its HR courses and its business courses.
    Its located in the heart of the IFSC.
    Classes are relatively small, meaning more one on one between students a lecturers.
    Always someone to help if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BadBadGirl

I don't recommend.
    I started hr course in October this year in NCI and it was really bad decision :( My group has about 50 people at the moment, we are all squeezed in a small room without an air conditioner. The windows are constantly open because we cannot breathe in these conditions.
    The teacher split us in groups of 6 to make it possible to work in the class like that.
    The worse thing is that we have to write our yearly assignment in pairs. My pair is a total idiot - barbie girl who is loud, empty and rude. I have to stand her and work with her. I've been forced. I am 32, HR manager, paying 2K for this course and because there is no minimum entry requirements for the course I am doing, it happened that I have to work on my assignment with a person that I would never come near to in my life.
    The teacher will have less assignments to check if we write them in pairs. I think this is the reason why we have to write our assignment with total strangers.
    The administration in the college is a mess. I signed up for a course, I paid for it, I went to the first class and... the teacher told me that my course was cancelled and this is another course in HR. It caused a lot of problems. I even don't want to write here how much trouble I had to go through because of this 'little mistake'. Finally I had no choice and had to stay on that course which is not exactly what I signed up for.
    The people who work there in the admission office (the room where you pay your fee) are very rude. The guy accused me of the late payment (I paid about 2 weeks in advance before course started) and after he realized he wasn't right he even didn't say simple 'sorry'. It wasn't a pleasant experience...
    Another thing - the notes for the class. The teacher put them on moodle a day before class and we have to print them for ourselves and bring to the class. I know that this is not the most important thing to complain about but if you are paying € 2,000 for a short course you can expect that the college provides the notes. NCI tries to save on our notes.
    Should I add that I couldn't get an access to moodle for about 3 weeks? :) and half on my group had similar problems so we had to photocopy the notes from those who had access already :)
    There is so many shocking things in this college that you wouldn't believe :)

I am just going to finish what I started in there and never ever use this place for my education again. And I advise you to stay away from this place. I think is only a matter of time that they loose accreditation from CIPD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't drag up dead threads and please don't use this forum to make unsubstantiated rants, first post or not.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement