Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays

Options
  • 07-06-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Greeting Bretheren

I am off on holidays on Saturday for a week anyone any helpful hints to help me encourage an active drinking holiday?

Bro. Bazzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Brother Bazz. When taking a break it is most important to realise that normal meal times and accepted drinking hours do not apply. As such it is considered fine to quench your early morning thirst at around 10 AM with a pint of the locals finest nectar.

I would suggest the following:

Poolside for a drink at 10AM
    Breakfast at 1PM (pints no OJ)
    More drinking poolside
    A mid afternoon burger at 3PM,
    More drinking (include peanuts and crisps also)
    Pizza at around 5PM,
    time to get ready to head out. For this you will need the finest cheapest vodka money can buy.
    A chinese at 8PM
    Hit a bar and pick up some wimens at around 10PM
    A quick kebab between the bar and a nightclub at around 11.30PM
    Prop up the bar in said nightclub and make new friends by showing everyone the hilarious truffle shuffle dance
    And finally stop by the indian on the way home before falling asleep with your pants round your ankles and leaving the wimens to clean up your mess.

Sounds like bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

oooh, I am going to Prague for a week on Wednesday for a week of debauchery, and will deffo be following these guidelines. in the words of Arnold Judas Rimmer "bottoms up, bottoms down, and hopefully bottoms up again" leg end if ever there was one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Some memories of old holidays include

Standing drinking a pint of magners aka bulmers at 8am watching the germans put out there towels

The walk from the hotel to the main strip was a bit of an ordeal so i concured a deal with the local friendly moto dennis who rented me a quad bike dropped it off in the morning and collected it at night so i didnt have to pay full rental nice ol chap!

On the same holiday i became rather friendly with greek chap behind bar and as i am a brother and swimming could be classed as exercise i cant swim so as i lay in the pool for short people and young folk on my lounger said greek chap would bring the cold beer into the pool for me mmm mythos.

And then theres the fish bowls which are big fish bowls filled with drink of choice big item to be drinking and good quailty local nectar in it

one of the more somber incident me and two friends were away and attempted to put the pool table beside the pool into the pool. Obviously the good spainsh security guard hose a and his brother hose b foiled our attempt and the spanish for there was a roll on the table and we were trying to get it level just left me and we ended up having a chat with the good management folk who werent best pleased.

Then there was the bungee ball incident suffice to say were not welcome back my solicitor told me to say no more about it!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm off to Le Mans for the 24 hour race on Thursday. A 72 hour booze up by all accounts. 'Ave it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A handy tip:

Find out where the nearest large supermarket is, and go there and get one of those 'special offer' 50 bottles of lager (or whatever) for the price of 25. Bring 'em back to the apartment/mobile and stick 'em in the fridge if you have one. you don't have to worry about closing times or opening times again. ;)

Handy if you have a car with you, of course.

• Advertisement

i'm off to feurteventura so i dont think they close the pubs !! the fridge always gets well stock with local brew as soon as i arrive. Thats a mandatroy requirment.

Some local snack foods will also be acquired as take away facilites are not always up to scratch i refer to the following

Lanzarote - Mickey Burger
    Brussels - Hector Chicken

And my favourite Big Boys in Zakynthos aka zante all quality establishments althought i do have a clouded memory of eating a full chicken on the way home from the pub in tenerife .. ate most of it as well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Was in lanzarot in april and i'm going back in september.First thing is to head to the supermarket and buy gin (5 quid alitre),San Miguel,Dorada,Tropical(all 1 euro or less a litre).Stick the lot in the fridge,adjourn to the harbour for a 32 0z steak (14 euro),three pints and a bottle of wine.Head back to apartment,have a few really large gins then off for a moderate mixed meat platter with accompanying beers.Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Go without the misses brother Bazz. Then theres nothing to prevent you slaking your thirst anytime you want.

Theres nothing worse than having the gf/misses/YORE MA on holiday with you to put a crimp in your belly swelling, beer guzzling enjoyment.

Drink on Brother, drink on.

Got back at ridiclous o clock am this morning in the AM somewhere in between it getting bright and dark... ghood woman did not interfere with drinking in fact helped me up when i fell down from being a tad over indulged!!!

Best was some bord heading to manchester in the airport coming back had one or two too many and could hardly stand the olde pilot had to get off the plane and tell her she wasnt getting on it was the funniest ever

Advertisement