Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL warranty problem - not supporting me

Options
  • 07-06-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a inspiron 600m laptop bought in US 2 years back. I later moved to UK. I got my ownership details changed to UK. My warranty expired after 1 year.
    I called up the customer care (call went to India) and checked the warranty. The sales guy confirmed that next business day warranty covers UK even though inspiron 600m is not available in UK (specific US model).
    He convinced me and made me to buy warranty for 3 years. Now, my hard drive failed. I called tech support and they refuse to support me.
    They cannot give me a harddrive replacement as inspiron 600m is not supported in UK. They say, they should not have issued warranty and they are helpless.
    US techsupport is charging for a new hard drive as i outside US.
    Now what am i supposed to do?
    please suggest as whose door to knock now?
    I am tired of phone calls now.

Advertisement