Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Ept Dublin Qualifier - House Event

Options
  • 07-06-2007 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

I know it is early but i am planning to run one possibly two qualifiers to the EPT Dublin event in October. This is a house event and as such there is a small reg fees and a very playable structure.
    Anyone interested in playing this please PM me or respond on this thread, I plan this to go ahead on a Saturday night over the coming weeks dependant of course on level of interest

10,000 starting chips
    €400 buy in
    27 players max (3 tables)

1st - 2nd 5k entry to EPT Dublin and €400 expenses each

25-50 30 min
    50-100 30 min
    100-200 30 min
    150-300 30 min
    300-600 30 min
    Break
    500-1000 40 min
    800-1500 40 min
    1000-2000 40 min
    Break
    2000-4000 40 min
    3000-6000 40 min
    5000-10000 40min
    8000-15000 play till finish

1. Who is running the event (Fran Egan)
    2. The purpose of the event (Qualify for EPT Dublin, no reg fee)
    3. Date and Location of event (TBC, played in house Drogheda)
    4. Registration and Start time of event. (Reg in advance, start time would be 8/9pm)
    5. Any prerequisites (must be a member of Boards/and someone who does not wreck houses:) )
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance and event is maxed out at 27 players)
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em Freezeout)
    8. Cost of entry is €400
    9. Cost of registration (€20)
    10. 100% payout, yes although event must be played as 2 places will be booked in advance to play this event however expenses portion will be paid on the night.
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No
    12. See structure details above
    18. Are there going to be dealers - (Fully trained dealers)
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules - (Normal rules apply)
    20. Is there a tournament director - Yes "who will be donating to the prizepool"
    21. How are disputes handled - In a democratic way:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

18. Are there going to be dealers - (Self Deal until final table)
    20. Is there a tournament director - Yes "who will be donating to the prizepool"
    So I assume that you are playing yourself but you don't think you'll make the final table and then will deal.....yes? :)

If its not going to be played during gaming events I'm attending, like the Magic nationals and such, I can deal if you want. You really want/need professional dealers at the tables in order for the players to be able to 100% focus on their game. I already got my EPT entry anyway, am a ad-hoc professional dealer and will do so for free, since its a rakeless event.
    21. How are disputes handled - In a democratic way:D
    ^_^

jacQues
    (happy hamster)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yes that would be great (will give you a few free pints from the bar) may look at having a dealer at each table if thats what people want, with cash games likely after perhaps a small rake can be taken to pay the dealers....open to suggestions

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think having a dealer at each table (and whack on a bit of reg fee) is a good idea. People who have 400 to drop on a tournie tend not to be the kind of people who want to deal for themselves. Just my 2c

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

you must have a big feckin house:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Count me in if I'm available on the Saturday that you decide Fran....

I would defo like to see dealers too, I can organise three for you no hassle....And I would gladly pay a reg fee.

Stephen Mc Lean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Fran I can get a few dealers for you and myself of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I'll play this Fran.

Get a couple of dealers and just charge a reg to cover it, self deal is a pain in the arse.

Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

if im around il play.

DeVore wrote:
    I think having a dealer at each table (and whack on a bit of reg fee) is a good idea. People who have 400 to drop on a tournie tend not to be the kind of people who want to deal for themselves. Just my 2c

DeV.

What is the going rate for dealers 10 euro an hour?

Ok Folks,

All comments taken on board, we will charge a €20 reg fee to cover dealers, this represents €540 between 3 dealers for the night, I expect poker being played tourney/cash until 9am (have to start singing around this time to get feckers out). I have updated original post.

Thanks
    Fran

• Advertisement

smurph wrote:
    you must have a big feckin house:D

Just fully utilizing my two rooms in the House that the wife allows me to have control of!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Definitely interested in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Me too.I would deffo play this when date is decided. Deffo get dealers and i dont mind he reg fee.

Jay O T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

i'd defo be up for this as long as its not clashing with any other events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

is it definately a 5k buyin this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

I spoke to John Duthie in Barcelona which was massively oversubscribed - I think they could have fitted an extra 200 in and he was considering increasing the buy-in for season 4 although I know that the other events didnt fill as quick.

sikes wrote:
    is it definately a 5k buyin this year?

I heard an increase to 8K being thrown around but nothing official, if it does change i will revisit structure/payout/buyin/numbers.

Cheers
    Fran

Ok confirmed names at the moment

1. Jackyback
    2. Baz2007
    3. Carfax
    4. MrPillowTalk
    5. PiperT
    6. BigCityBanker
    7. Jayminator
    8. Spoofingjam
    9. DamienKent
    10. AdrianODonoghue
    11. KevinFitzpatrick
    12. CathalAKAChuckles
    13. NiallPoetMurphy
    14. MalB

"9-13 I believe are boards lurkers"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Ept Dublin entry fee now 7,700 +300

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

fabsoul wrote:

fck me thats expensive - its dearer than the WSOP now.

• Advertisement

fabsoul wrote:

I think this fecks my plans up cannot see people spending the guts of 600 yo yos on a 2 seat guranteed sat, thoughts anyone perhaps the new club in drogheda may run one to increase numbers and reduce buy in????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Yeah, heard about the increase yesterday...... Hard Luck.

Ps is Niall "The Poet" Murphy a lurker, tell him to get his ass in gear and start posting...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you can get 33 runners then the price needs to only be €500+dealer fee. If you can get 36 then you can give a 3rd and 4th prize as well, so something extra to soften the blow slightly.

Then again I'm not playing so it's nothing to do with me really. I'd imagine if people will paly for 400 then they will play for 500.

Advertisement