Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many MLB Games Have You Been To?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Just curious....

I've been to around 30 but only in Rogers' Centre and Yankee Stadium

How Many Games Have You Been At? 33 votes

None
    0% 0 votes
    6% 2 votes
    2-5
    21% 7 votes
    5-10
    36% 12 votes
    10-50
    15% 5 votes
    50+
    21% 7 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

One in Yankee stadium.

Lived near it for a while but couldt get there often.

The 5 times I tried to go it got rained out 4 times

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

2 - The Blue Jays losing their first interleague game against the Expos 2-1 in 1997 at the Skydome (none of this Roger's centre nonsense!). The second game was at Fenway Park in 2000 when the Red Sox lost 1-0 to the Orioles in a rather damp and pretty crap game. Great fun out in the cheap seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

zaph wrote:
    Skydome (none of this Roger's centre nonsense!).

I tried to resist too....just give it up....its over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

1. Was at my 1st game last week;
    Was in Vancouver and decided a trip to Seattle was in order to see mariners and the rangers; No particular fondness for either team but the thought of getting to a live game was worth the 3 hour bus trip down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

1. Redsox v. Yankees in Fenway (the night mad Cahhhl Everett broke up a Mussina perfect game in the 9th)
    2. Redsox v. Yankees in Fenway to see Petey pitch
    3. Yankees v. As in Yankee Stadium in first round of playoffs
    4. Padres v. Giants in Qualcomm (didn't get to see a BB home run)
    5. Dodgers v. ???? (can't remember-some NL team) at Dodger Stadium
    6. Cubs v. Pirates at Wrigley-pointless game but lovely stadium, great atmosphere.
    7. White Sox v. Indians at US Cellular Field-what a contrast to Wrigley-vulgar, horrible area etc.

Had tix for Yankees v. Redsox in Yankee Stadium last September, but it was rained out and I was flying back the next day :mady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Narrowback

Before I moved to Ireland I'd go to Shea Stadium all the time. At least a dozen games a year. I'd go to the Bronx too, but mostly to root against the Yankees. {I'm a Met fan and Yankee hater.}

My (Irish) wife loves to tell people how I took her to a double-header at Yankee Stadium to see the Twins and the Yankees. Both games went to extra innings and we stayed for the whole thing. Quite an introduction to the game for her. 23 innings of baseball and when we came out we got to walk through some lonely streets in neighborhood around the Stadium to where I'd parked the car (I drove a bomb and couldn't bring myself to pay the extortionate parking charges).

I've also been to Fenway - once - and to Olympic Stadium in Montreal twice. I'm going to see the Mets in July, but before that I have tickets to see the Phillies in Philadelphia. I've never been there. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll have to root for the visitors (St. Louis).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I have lost count on how many games I have been to. I used to live in Toronto so for a entire summer went to the rogers centre twice a week. I must have been in Shea Stadium 20 times, been to AT&T park twice, yankee stadium once. I would say in excess of 50 games. Narrowback I too am a met fan and when ever they came to the Jays I was againts them and when the mets played in Yankee stadium I was there got alot of grief from yankee fans in yankee stadium, rogers centre and shea stadium but there was always other yankee haters there to back me up. Its all a bit of fun at the end of the day.

jjbrien wrote:
    I have lost count on how many games I have been to. I used to live in Toronto so for a entire summer went to the rogers centre twice a week. I must have been in Shea Stadium 20 times, been to AT&T park twice, yankee stadium once. I would say in excess of 50 games. Narrowback I too am a met fan and when ever they came to the Jays I was againts them and when the mets played in Yankee stadium I was there got alot of grief from yankee fans in yankee stadium, rogers centre and shea stadium but there was always other yankee haters there to back me up. Its all a bit of fun at the end of the day.
    Unfortunately, whether you're a Met fan or a Blue Jays fan there are more sorrows than joys when rooting against the Yankees. This weekend only cemented that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

Narrowback wrote:
    Unfortunately, whether you're a Met fan or a Blue Jays fan there are more sorrows than joys when rooting against the Yankees. This weekend only cemented that.

True except for my one and only game at Yankee Stadium back in 2003. Jays hammered them 8-0 and the game was called after 8 innings due to torrential rain! Absolutey priceless watching the bronx natives leaving going nuts about the result. I just stood there with a grin on my face!

WATPOAE wrote:
    True except for my one and only game at Yankee Stadium back in 2003. Jays hammered them 8-0 and the game was called after 8 innings due to torrential rain! Absolutey priceless watching the bronx natives leaving going nuts about the result. I just stood there with a grin on my face!
    I've had some good times rooting against the Yanks in the Bronx too. In 2002 I was in Yankee Stadium and saw Boston beat the Yankees 8-5. Great atmosphere and great result. I think that's the only time I've been in Yankee Stadium since I moved here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Looking good for me to be at the Red Sox v White Sox match this Saturday in Fenway have just been told 99% sure of tickets for it, can't wait!:cool: (heading over for 5 days on Friday then on to Chicago for 6 days for the oul holidays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Have seen the Padres play in Qualcomm (2003), can't remember against who
    and the Blue Jays against the Devil Rays (I think) in the Rogers Centre (2005).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Carrickman wrote:
    Looking good for me to be at the Red Sox v White Sox match this Saturday in Fenway have just been told 99% sure of tickets for it, can't wait!:cool: (heading over for 5 days on Friday then on to Chicago for 6 days for the oul holidays).
    get a fenway furter please, your taste buds will thank me.

been to one game about 5 years ago

red sox vs. blue jays.

was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

10-50 would be about right though I couldn't say exactly how many. I know I've been to games at: Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Veteran's Stadium and Camden Yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I lost count at about 50... ;) Even so, I stopped coming after the strike in 1994. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, especially since I had 6 row season tickets by the dug out! Only been to minor league games since.

Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just the one, saw the Yankee's lost at Yankee Stadium to the Tigers in July '04. Quite convincingly too if I remember correctly.

I did see a minor league game in Calgary, it was the Calgary Cannons against the Tacoma Rainiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

spent the summer in boston this yr, made it to fenway once but they lost to chicago white sox.still enjoyed it.got obssessed with the red sox while i was there.what i would give to have been there few weeks back when they won the world series.one hell of a night on lansdowne st!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    2. Redsox v. Yankees in Fenway to see Petey pitch

I was at that! Petey gave up a HR off Jeter early doors as I remember.

I've probably been to around 50 -75. All Red Sox. And all either in Fenway or Yankee Stadium.

Cahhhl is the coiner of my favourite nickname in sports - Dan Shaughnessy, the CHB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Goin to a conference in Phoenix in May, so I'll get to Arizona vs. Houston and maybe the Mets, then LA and San Diego in June, so hopefully 5 or 6 games next year :D

They'll be my first games in 3 years :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just the two for me. Both at Wrigley Field in 2005. Cubbies vs the Cards and Giants. #

The game against San Fran was due to be a 7.05pm start but it got rain delayed by two hours and 43 minutes exactly. Consequently most of the fans went home and we were given tickets by a couple of them outside. Not only did it start at an awful hour but it also went to extra innings with the Giant winning 3-2 in the 11th at 1.16am.

The game also saw the 3000th strike out of Greg Maddux's career. The crowd that were left gave a cracking ovation. Great night!

http://mlb.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/sf/y2005/m07/d27/c1146283.jsp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Have only gone to a handful, all in Fenway Park, all day games though. I'm hoping to go over for a night game next September.

Advertisement