Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institut Francais??

Options
  • 07-06-2007 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to brush up on my French and hopefully get to a stage where I can be very comfortable in conversation.

Can anyone tell me what the Dublin's Institut Francais course are like? I've been looking at some of their course in the last few days and was wondering if anyone has had any experience there?

Feel free to PM...

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm attending the French Institute ... in Galway at the moment and I'm finding it great ... doing the intermediate level though a few of us have been told to possibley move up in level ...

Its mainly getting experience at speaking ... listening and bit and a bit of writing ... so I'd definitely recommend it...

I had attended back in 95 when it was the Alliance Francais ... so I'd definitely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Forbairt....how much is your course? How often are the classes? Is your teacher a native francophone? Do they do the DELF & DALF exams in the Lang.Inst. in Galway??

Merci.

Shinto wrote:
    Forbairt....how much is your course? How often are the classes? Is your teacher a native francophone? Do they do the DELF & DALF exams in the Lang.Inst. in Galway??

Merci.

Course I'm doing is ... hmmm I think €160 ... its twice a week 1 and a half hours each class ... for 5 weeks ... just finishing up the day before I head to france :) to get married :D

Teachers are all native speakers ..

As to the DELF and DALF examples I've no idea ... I'll ask the next time I'm in (if I remember) which will be on tuesday :) I'd say they do but thats just me guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

very good. Thank you.

Good luck with the wedding! Is she French?

Shinto wrote:
    Good luck with the wedding! Is she French?

Yep ... Breton :) First ... French second :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

forbairt wrote:
    Yep ... Breton :) First ... French second :D

bien ca ! :-)

CasimiR wrote:
    bien ca ! :-)

I was told to remove the french flag from brittany when I made this by a lot of bretons :D

http://www.brittanybeers.com/

forbairt wrote:
    I was told to remove the french flag from brittany when I made this by a lot of bretons :D

http://www.brittanybeers.com/

J aime bien les moutons !

mais a mon avis il n'y a pas des moutons en bretagne :)

forbairt wrote:
    mais a mon avis il n'y a pas des moutons en bretagne :)

Non t a raison, surtout des vaches :) mais c est le coté irlandais les moutons
    C est pour quoi le site sinon ?

• Advertisement

CasimiR wrote:
    Non t a raison, surtout des vaches :) mais c est le coté irlandais les moutons
    C est pour quoi le site sinon ?

notre marriage se passe le 14 juillet 2007 ... et j'ai trouvé que la nom est assez marron :) ... britney spears ... brittany beers ... :) comme ca j'ai creé la site :) ... avec des chose comme "pas de moutons" ...et tous ca :)

forbairt wrote:
    notre marriage se passe le 14 juillet 2007 ... et j'ai trouvé que la nom est assez marron :) ... britney spears ... brittany beers ... :) comme ca j'ai creé la site :) ... avec des chose comme "pas de moutons" ...et tous ca :)

marrant pas marron =)
    Vous vous marriez en Bretagne ?

merci ... c'est vraiment plus facile quand on juste parle :)

Et Oui .. la mariage se passe pres de Quimper :)

Et maintenant je dis bonne nuit :)

Advertisement