Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot 20 Freeeeze 7th June

Options
  • 07-06-2007 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Usual suspects playing this?

Id really like to see all the sportin regulars give this a go one week( mickste, jbravado, ianmc, halfbaked, flushdraw, 58o and Buchan) or just some of the more accomplished boardsies as you cant imagine how hard it is to win plus it could make for a great sit n go when you all bust first level

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've been to this every week for the last 6 weeks, I think I'll give it a break lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

AKQJ10 wrote:

Id really like to see all the sportin regulars give this a go one week( mickste, jbravado, ianmc, halfbaked, flushdraw, 58o and Buchan) or just some of the more accomplished boardsies as you cant imagine how hard it is to win plus it could make for a great sit n go when you all bust first level
    This should make things easier! I'll be there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i shouldnt... i will... but i shouldnt....

anyone wanna mix it up a bit? myself and goodluck2me did this before...

€20 in, you must fold the best hand preflop incorrectly. ie. 5 players all put 20 bills in, so a 100 prize pool, if you fold QQ preflop to JT you're probably in good shape! :p hard to fold AA preflop and make it seem legitimate, but KK preflop would be impressive! Anyone on for this? maybe just 10 quid a head?

this has the added bonus of if you fold KK preflop to AA, everyone thinks you;re AMAZING at cards... and imagine how the table would react if you just muttered "he has a tell" under your breath...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Umm might head in will have to tape the Sopranos...

Anyone know if the SE is 50+5 DC or 100+10 DC tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

AKQJ10 wrote:

I'm going to start playing this and a couple more games in the jackpot and fitz regularly when i come back from my month off. I think playing 90% of my poker in the SE contributed greatly to my game going downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

would make for a much better tourny with some decent players in it alright.

dit what was the standard like last night? runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

this tournament was my start in poker when it was held in the merrion, it's friggin impossible! i don't think i'll make it tonight, i'll probably still be sleeping..... i'll see you for breakfast though, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

BuChan wrote:
    i'll probably still be sleeping..... i'll see you for breakfast though, good luck.

haha the start of the 12 o clock shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I am tired and busy in work so I probably won't play any poker tonight. If I play anything though - it will be this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I have classes I cant miss 2nite so probly wouldnt be there but next week may try and round up a few usual suspects.

SIDENOTE.-58o is fleeing back to the country to avoid paying numerous debtors next week-session planned for 2morow night if anyone is around!DEGENERCY GUARANTEED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hey Jeff I'll play if there are plenty of more entertaining side bets available.

Mr.Plough wrote:
    dit what was the standard like last night? runners?

2 tables... alot of regulars in the jackpot. field included
    • ditpoker
    • aodea
    • mellor (who i think won)
    • kelly the blonde coppers bar maid
    • trippie
    • victor - mr jackpot
    • keith - mr jackpot in the making
    • and conor doyle... who's avergae tournament buy in since christmas is 5k... he's pretty handy...

Sidebets:
    1. whoever folds best hand preflop - 10er to be in with a chance to win
    2. whoever knocks sam out - 5er
    3. last longest - loser pays a euro per level, i.e. if you get knocked out in level 1, and someone makes it to final table it'll cost ya 10, butif he goes out level 2, u only owe 1
    4. 5er if you bluff lloyd off a pot with 6BB's or more in the pot and show 8 high or worse.
    5. "Whack-a-Boardsie" if you can knock over a fellow boardsie chip stack while folding ur cards, that boardsie must give u 5 quid!

Je l'aime!

Up for a casual soft drink beforehand anyone?

shoutman wrote:
    Je l'aime!
    BACK OFF BRUSSELS!

if a boardsie wins he gets an extra tenner of each boardsie that was playin

Everytime you win an all in you must go to the pub to have a pint/shot and not return til it is completed.....

soo... who's playing?
    and who's up for a 20 euro Omaha STT at 10.30 when we're all out. pot limit, i'll deal...

cheapest tourney of the week always results in me doing my brains. usually go out first level (-23) then go over to look for the quick fix on the wheel while waiting for a SNG(-73) then come back and dont cash in the SNG due to trying to outplay someone who knows i call bluff every 2nd hand(-100) then to a cash game as this surely is where i can win start winning. nope prob end up rrai with a draw of somesort and miss(-400) then go for the one big spin on the wheel which if it works gets me out (-600) figure ive almost two buy ins left i may aswell give cash another go.

Result- a long taxi home thinking i should never play on a thursday. I'll be there tonight though :mad:

AKQJ10 wrote:
    cheapest tourney of the week always results in me doing my brains. usually go out first level (-23) then go over to look for the quick fix on the wheel while waiting for a SNG(-73) then come back and dont cash in the SNG due to trying to outplay someone who knows i call bluff every 2nd hand(-100) then to a cash game as this surely is where i can win start winning. nope prob end up rrai with a draw of somesort and miss(-400) then go for the one big spin on the wheel which if it works gets me out (-600) figure ive almost two buy ins left i may aswell give cash another go.

Result- a long taxi home thinking i should never play on a thursday. I'll be there tonight though :mad:

ur an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ditpoker wrote:
    2 tables... alot of regulars in the jackpot. field included
    • ditpoker
    • aodea
    • mellor (who i think won)
    • kelly the blonde coppers bar maid
    • trippie
    • victor - mr jackpot
    • keith - mr jackpot in the making
    • and conor doyle... who's avergae tournament buy in since christmas is 5k... he's pretty handy...

i was fourth the chinese guy third and mellor was second, he had a 3-1 chip lead heads up against conor(the other conor) and then ran 10's into ace high and it went down hill from there.

i played cash after and was up 900 and then went broke in two omaha hands where im still not sure how i lost.

ive been told this alot in the last couple of weeks. i still disagree

Trippie wrote:
    i was fourth the chinese guy third and mellor was second, he had a 3-1 chip lead heads up against conor(the other conor) and then ran 10's into ace high and it went down hill from there.

i played cash after and was up 900 and then went broke in two omaha hands where im still not sure how i lost.

conor bloomfield or conor doyle, i would have thought conor doyle went out in the first three hands

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

ditpoker wrote:
    Sidebets:
    1. whoever folds best hand preflop - 10er to be in with a chance to win
    2. whoever knocks sam out - 5er
    3. last longest - loser pays a euro per level, i.e. if you get knocked out in level 1, and someone makes it to final table it'll cost ya 10, butif he goes out level 2, u only owe 1
    4. 5er if you bluff lloyd off a pot with 6BB's or more in the pot and show 8 high or worse.
    5. "Whack-a-Boardsie" if you can knock over a fellow boardsie chip stack while folding ur cards, that boardsie must give u 5 quid!

Im in..

AKQJ10 wrote:
    conor bloomfield or conor doyle, i would have thought conor doyle went out in the first three hands

no he said he was trying to get practice for tourneys and took it serious enough and was chip leader on the final table but then preceded to get called down all the time every time he raised by mellor and it ended up with flopped two pair against a higher two pair i think and ended up going out in fifth, im not sure exactly about the position

funniest thing i've ever witnessed playin cash was when he was locked playing a HE cash game waiting for the omaha game. he was buyin in pretty much every hand for 100 and just potting every street. the player to his left got a sick run of cards and within one round had got his 50 quid up to 500+. then this guy eoin delaney comes in who recently cashed in the irish open 1k event for 40k. he comes over askin who has the big stack at the table has he wants to buy in to cover. i say its 500ish. conor doyle then chirps up wen he see's that this guy thinks he's the god's gift to poker and asks delaney how much he has on him. delaney says he has 2k more. he starts calling conor doyle an idiot and asks conor how much he has on him. conor says i dunno around 100k. delaney starts tellin him to stop taking the piss and f*** off. the look of pure fear when this drunk maniac just takes out around 3k in blacks and asks him to flip for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Frinky

ditpoker wrote:
    who's up for a 20 euro Omaha STT at 10.30 when we're all out. pot limit, i'll deal...

What!? What!? Omaha I told you why you bothering with that!??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hey guys, thinkin of playin this tourney- never have before, whats the numbers like for it and starting stack etc.. thanks

2500 first 3 levels are 30 mins, 20 after the break, 50-80 runners. you gotta win ur first big hand or ur boned

• Advertisement

That sounds like eoin alright, he was in last night cant remember whether or not he left with cash though

Advertisement