Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Yr Ticket

Options
  • 06-06-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Just saw the application for the Premium 10 Y ticket.

All home games for 10 years @ 15k !!:eek:

Thats 2/3 6N and 2/3 Test per year If Im right.

Say average of 5 games / year = 300 per match.

Now they are the Premium package, I can only assume the cheaper seats will come available down the line in similar packages.

Id take a terrace ticket @ say 50-75e per game over that period.
    ~2-4k.

Is this likely?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd buy it for 5k, any idea when these are being sold, or more details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Do they included Football Matches? HC Games, basically anything hosted in the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

FAI will have their own separate scheme [not launched yet - I got an email from a PR company last week asking if I wanted to be part of a focus group about the scheme - so they are clearly in planning phase]

The point of these tickets is supply and demand. They don't want to sell out the entire ground 10 years in advance, which is what a 5 grand ticket would do. They have contracts with sponsors and clubs to give them x tickets per game - so there are only so many tickets left to be sold as 10 year tickets.

They will sell several thousand tickets at that 10k-15k price point - and that is them happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

The point of these tickets is supply and demand. They don't want to sell out the entire ground 10 years in advance, which is what a 5 grand ticket would do. They have contracts with sponsors and clubs to give them x tickets per game - so there are only so many tickets left to be sold as 10 year tickets.

They will sell several thousand tickets at that 10k-15k price point - and that is them happy :)

fair point if they offered "entry level" tickets on this scheme they would have to cost about 4-6k. The ground could sell out if they offer packagaes down to this level.

This would lead to its own uproar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It doesn't make the 5k I spent on the 10 year ticket in Thomond sound too bad. This is for all ML and HCup home games and priority ticketing on qfinals semis and finals that Munster reach afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

The problem with this scheme is that it is coming at the peak of Irish Rugby interest. The interest has never been higher and they can charge silly money and people will pay it. Within a 10 year period there will be periods where Irish provinces won't be as successful, tickets will be plentiful and these schemes will look ridiculous value.

Would I be right in saying there are a lot of company's buying these tickets? Do they get tax relief if they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

daveirl wrote:

The 15K tickets are for the new Landsdowne road not Croke Park! Irish rugby has had fantastic success in the the last few years and that is reflected in the demand.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Premum are to be the seats, just in front of the corporate boxes, aren't they??
    Private bar and waiting service apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

I think 10 year tickets sold about 5 years ago were €10k a pop, and that was just for a seat in the East Stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Pretty pricey way of seeing the rugby :( . . .if my maths is right works out at about EUR 250-300 a game over the next 10 years. . .and If you want to sit next to a mate at all the games it means youll have to stump up with 30k :eek:

Advertisement