Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore/Kilmainham boundary

Options
  • 06-06-2007 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I am trying to determine the boundary of Kilmainham/Inchicore ie. Where does Kilmainham end and Inchicore begin? Particularly in reference to Inchicore Rd, Emmet Rd & Bulfin Rd.

(Tried post office, no help - girl actually said she didn't know)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bangle wrote:
    Hi,

I am trying to determine the boundary of Kilmainham/Inchicore ie. Where does Kilmainham end and Inchicore begin? Particularly in reference to Inchicore Rd, Emmet Rd & Bulfin Rd.

(Tried post office, no help - girl actually said she didn't know)

IMHO, Inchicore ends at the Suir Road.

Heading toward town, Mount Brown and Kilmainham are the areas to the left (and ahead of) of the Inchicore road and down to con colbert road. Kilmainham and MB go as far as the Patriot Pub /James Hospital / Kilmainham Gaol/ Thomas Street.

I would class Emmet and Bulfin road as Inchicore, no matter what an estate agent says.

Both areas have the same post code, Dublin 8 and grand and convenient. The roads are all very close to the Suir Road Luas stop.

Drimangh, Crumlin and the rest of Dublin 12 are on the other side of the canal from Inchicore and Kilmainham.

Islandbridsge borders Kilmainham on the other side ,(across the liffey)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine there is no real boundary.

I have a map somewhere that show electoral division and I'll see what that says.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Inchicore and Kilmainham are not so much places as states of mind, ways of being. They are about identity and belonging as much as they are about geography.

Advertisement