Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Query

Options
  • 06-06-2007 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi

Hoping someone can help me.

I am returning to Dublin after being travelling for the last 7 weeks.

Can I sign on immediately when I get back or will I need to wait a couple of weeks.

I left my job because I was travelling but I was in employment from 04 May 2006 - 20 April 2007

I have been working in the UK previously to this 2003 - 2006 so what is my stance in regards to having paid enough PRSI?

I will also be living at home when I return so will this affect the amount I get. I also have a small bit of savings and am wondering if this will affect my amount also?

Can someone please help / advise me?

I am pretty sure I will find a job within a month but just a little apprehensive.

Thanks All

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

You should sign on immediately.You may lose credits and benefits if you do not. You may be asked to explain why you left your former job. A job offer abroad which subsequently did not work is probably a good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Yes you should go into sign immeditely. You can add any contributions you have pais in England (i.e. the prsi you have paid there from 2003 to 2006) to your Irish record in order to qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit here. You will need to have one class A contribution paid in Ireland since your return in order to do this. If this dosen't appy to you you can go on Jobseeker's Allowance, which is a means tested payment. Your Social Welfare Local Office will be able to advise you as regards your options when you go in to sign on.

If you are under 25 have been living independantly of the family home for 3 years then the benefit of your parents earnings will not be assessed against you.

Any savings up to E20,000 are not assessed.

Advertisement