Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

operation Icarus

Options
  • 05-06-2007 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone catch the RTE2 doc. the other night on the Germans attempt to build a bomber that could attack the US. I hadn't really come across it before but was amazed at their half assed attempts. given their experience with Britain you would think that they would have realised that this venture would have been a huge waste of resources. The ME 264 was the main option I believe before they moved on to a variant of the V2 later in the war, the link below was the first site that popped up in google for ME264

http://www.luft46.com/prototyp/me264.html

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

half arsed attempt? mate - most of the german inventions during the war were re-utilised in some capacity by al sides of the alliance, be it rocketry, aviation, or maritime... Im pretty sure that had they been successful in controlling Europe, these attempts at forming a war machine capable of striking at such long range would have been realised - and the world would be extremely different today.

didnt catch the show, but go and have a look at some of the Germans other WWII tech - some extremely interesting stuff mate, including something that looks uncannily like a B2 bomber....

Advertisement