Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caff Vrs DeCaff?

Options
  • 05-06-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all,

Forgive me for being all innocent etc.

At home and at work for the last 2 months, I have been drinking DeCaff.

I love the taste of coffee (milk, no sugar) - I drink about 3 cups a day.

So, I switched to DeCaff - just cause I was scared of getting addicted to Caffine.

Basically, what I am asking is, is that a friend of mine argues that there is still caffine in DeCaff. Does anyone know if the is indeed true?

If it is, what is the point of drinking DeCaff?

Have noticed I put one more spoon in the cup when drinking DeCaff to give it that extra kick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

I would of said no.....

But according to this chart there is some. Compared to full caf coffee it is very small. Kinda like the tiny bit of alcohol you get in non-alcoholic beer I guess?

http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

8-ounce Beverage milligrams

Coffee, Drip 115-175
    Coffee, Brewed 80-135
    Coffee, Espresso (2 ounces) 100
    Coffee, Instant 65-100
    Tea, iced 47
    Tea, brewed, imported brands (avg.) 60
    Tea, brewed, U.S. brands (avg.) 40
    Tea, instant 30
    Tea, green 15
    Hot cocoa 14
    Coffee, Decaf, brewed 3-4
    Coffee, Decaf, instant 2-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

caffine is removed basically with paint stripper, so normal coffee is the best option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

There might be trace amounts of caffine in decaf the same way there is small amounts of alcohol in alcohol-free beer. But it would be so small that it wouldnt be worth talkin about. Far from the amount needed to get u addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

heggie wrote:
    caffine is removed basically with paint stripper, so normal coffee is the best option imo

Not always true,

If you are going to drink Decaf try drink swisswater decaf, no chemiacls used, just water.

http://www.swisswater.com/decaf/process

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

A good point to note. If you want decent decaff you need to spend high. The decaf process is costly - so if you spend the same on decaf as normal it means the money saved was in the quality of the beans... and ultimately the flavor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement