Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microdermabrasion

Options
  • 05-06-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all.

I'm considering getting this done -- I have the skin of a teenager. Has anybody done it or heard reports on it? I'd like to get some second opinions before I fork out €80.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, I bought the loreal home microdermabraison kit in boots its about 24 euro and it really does work my skin felt great afterwards. Its not as strong as what you would get done in a salon but if you are looking to test it out its a cheaper option and the pack lasts a good while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

What does it do for problem skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Green Girl

Hi Maymay. It literally takes off the upper layer of skin thus getting rid of blemishes (spots) and blackheads. It's supposed to be v. good in closing the pores. At the moment mine are like craters :D

The system I was looking at uses a hand held contraption that 'hoovers' micro crystals over the skin which slough off the dead skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 microdermdub

Hi All,
    I'm a qualified beautician who plans to do home treatments. The main treatment that I am thinking of providing is microdermabrasion. I am posting this to see if there really is an interest out there for microdermabrasion? The machine I plan to use will use crystals and have a sucking action to bring blood flow to the skin surface thus giving a mini face lift and also bringing nutrients to the skin. it is a great way to treat acne scarring, fine lines, premature ageing skin and resurface the skins texture.

Do you think people will be interested in this as a home treatment? I would charge a lot less than most beauticians who are working from premises.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

I would definitely be interested as im sure a lot of other people would be - i take it you are based in dublin though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yeah I think it could do really well microdermdub....if you have something that works and is cheaper the people will come...good advertising would mean a lot though. Best of luck with it, hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi,
    I think lots of people would be interested especially as you travel to them id say you would get groups of girls 'microdermabraison parties'!

Tempted to buy the Boots Microdermabrasion kit. Anyone know if it's actually any good for acne scarring before I fork out the 30 odd quid for it? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carryboy

MayMay wrote:
    Tempted to buy the Boots Microdermabrasion kit. Anyone know if it's actually any good for acne scarring before I fork out the 30 odd quid for it? Thanks.

that's the solution really but it should be done by a qualified practitioner, that i still believe. those kits-done-at-home are not so effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

That sounds interesting, my skin is usually quite clear but I do have a small number of blackheads and the pores around my nose are quite visible, does anyone who has used it think the boots kit would sort it out for me since I dont think i need a professional treatment since its not that bad??

• Advertisement

carryboy wrote:
    that's the solution really but it should be done by a qualified practitioner, that i still believe. those kits-done-at-home are not so effective.

Would be better than nothing though I imagine? Has anyone had any complaints about getting it done? Has it made anyone's skin worse is what I'm afraid of?

Advertisement