Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you start again..... ?

Options
  • 05-06-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Just wondered what people think...

Played since open beta but stoppped in late January.. (68 Mage)
    Played most of the 'old' content on a 60 priest and 60 warrioir but just got bored levelling in the end and just kinda stopped. So.... I was thinking of going back to the beginning and starting up over again. I don't mean a lvl n9 twink or a bag alt. I mean a proper main. No money , no guild, new server. This time playing the content, not the levelling race.

Would you ?
    What char would you choose this time around ?
    PvP or PvE ?
    Ali or Horde.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

eaac1268e3349e0a2be3f5aa3c1ac698.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Thanks for your input Binomate :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Don't come back to WoW! It's a waste of time, you did the right thing to get out while you still could. I'm in the process of quitting, an it's hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You could go back but if you were able keep it casual like 1 hour every second or third night.
    I've got very little self control so I was never able play in moderation and basically burned myself out by raiding 4 days a week (Sunday 2pm till 11pm) and farming herbs and other things when I wasn't raiding.
    Resulted in me failing exams (I like passing the blame) and basically 'losing' 15 months of my life to a game. I quit back in september before I was due to repeat and it was the best decision I ever made.

I still browse the net and chat to some of the lads I used play with but would never get the game because I know I would only go hardcore again and I can't let that happen.

By the way no matter what Dustaz and Xlan say, they're addicted. No doubt about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Gave it up before the Leaving Cert, still am not exactly sure how i managed to do it. I'm considering returning in the summer. . .not sure yet if I will though. If it turns out to be anything like last summer, then 7kg and little natural light is probably whats in store for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭BKtje

I have started afresh a couple of times.

Each time i waited for a brand new (or relatively)fresh server (more fun if you all have nothing). While it was a pain to level up, the fact that it was a new server meant that there were quite a few people milling about at your level (unless of course you power level). Also means less opposition faction members to gank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Not a chance would I ever go back.

It's past its time.
    I think it's a very 'carebear' MMO.
    Infact I think its more of a Co-Op Multiplayer RPG with very little real pvp.
    Its sheer size helped overshadow its many flaws.

Thanks for the responses guys....

Although it goes against the grain I will prob start a new char but
    this time it will be different;)

I can give up anytime I like. I don't have a problem, I don't have a problem......

Props

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes i would,i love levelling up new chars tbh.
    Getting to learn new classes is great fun.
    Im levelling up my Night Elf Hunter at the moment,started in Outland over the weekend.
    I want to experience Outland as Alliance for a change :)
    If i get her to 70 that will be 3 to 70 on pvp realms,after that i intend going back to my Horde mains or stick with the hunter for a while to get some decent gear.
    If i tire with that i intend to level up my Paladin.
    Im not one for sticking with one char,i like experiencing the game from all angles.
    I rarely do Battlegrounds,not a huge fan of it tbh,, i do however think WOWs PvP is great when its World PvP.
    On the weekends i might get time for a 5 man instance or something,these i do enjoy immensely.
    It's past its time.
    Try tell that to the 9 million subscribers.
    What wow lacks in visuals compared to newer mmos it makes up for in gameplay imo.
    Pretty much every other MMO ive played just doesnt have that great gameplay.
    Each to their own however :)

Go ahead Scuba and level up a char,the servers im on there are loads levelling up alts and hardly ever a shortage of groups.
    As for this addiction,waste of time,life consuming everyone talks about,we are all different in what we get out of wow.
    I personally think all that talk is rubbish,if one has no self discipline and allow a game take them over then they need help imo.
    Either that or they have no life to begin with :P
    Most people seem to want to rush through the levels,maybe its because they are paying subs or whatever,ive always just taken my time,played when i get time,when theres nothing in real life needs doing,,usually when the 2 little ones are gone to bed and herself is glued to grays anatomy or something on the box i might get on for a while :)
    My advice is take your time to level up,enjoy the game as its meant to be ie a game and not a second life.
    Some folk just take it all too seriously.

Dcully - dude, you missed your calling. You should forward that post to the marketing dept. of Blizz. Eloquent post that makes me feel like Smite-ing, or Ambushing or Charging or.... you get the point :)

I have to agree with you on all your points. Sounds like I am in nearly the same family situationa as yourself, and this game is just a laugh but an enjoyable diversion if taken in moderation. There will be those that go in ott but meh, if it wasn;t WoW it would be something else.

Going to play a priest (again) on WildHammer. Its a PvE server, so no pressure or german-kid-smashing-keyboard moments to worry about :)

To those who advised against starting again. i respect your views and thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Heard bad things about Wildhammer. My server had some migration to there a while ago, but a load of people came back because WH wasn't a good server to be on.

And nothing ever makes you feel like using smite. Melt faces please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Who's this handsome sounding Xlan then Caliden ;D

Advertisement