Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Channel Disappeared

• 05-06-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi , I have just set up my FTA system thanks to you guys , I didnt even know it existed before I came accross this forum , now the problem BBC 1 has vanished from the EPG , 101 comes up as an invalid channel , not a big problem as BBC1 variations are on 970 , but I just want to know what happened to it and is it likely to happen to other channels. The box is a thompson one and everything else is working fine . thanks again for all your help .

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

By vanished, do you mean if you go to TV Guide >> All Channels, the numbers start from 102 onwards?

I must admit, I've never seen that problem before. Have you tried unplugging the box from the mains supply for a few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mikebro

Yes it vanished , TV guide starts at 102 BBC 2 , box is in mobile home so wont be at it for 2 weeks thanks anyway , trust me to find a new problem

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Go into the hidden installers menu (services 4-01 select) and do a new installion, doesn't matter that there's no phone line, this will find your missing channels, happened to me once before and this sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I have had a similar problem with the two FTV systems in my parents house (Mayo). I was never able to get Channel 4 and five on The EPG/channel listings. On the two boxes they view CH4 and Five in other channels. The EPG goes from 103 to 106 no 104 or 105. This has been the case since I installed everything about four years ago. Tried everything and have never sorted the problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mikebro

Thanks Digidec I'll give it a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 eamonnkenny

Some of the channels move around but I've just seen a new type of reason for channels to disappear. It seems that many V-Vertical channels are working on my box (all be it glitching a little). And almost none of the H-Horizontal channels are working. I can view all terrestial channels. So I checked the LNB connection and rewired it and seems fine. It seems that a bird or something has moved this dish slightly.

If a group of channels disappears you go to Menu->TP List and then tune in the channels as specified by lyngsat.com. I'd never go back to paid channels because the olympic channels always come in, the BBC RB is always available and why pay eir, Vodafone or Virgin when its all free. Saves thousands over 20 years.

Advertisement